Metal Detecting Ban In Mass -- NEW TOPIC COVERING --- Thread Above ---

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE READ THE THREAD ABOVE: NEW COVERAGE FOR DETECTING IN ANY STE. ---

Hi Folks; What is going on that I don't know about ?? I am wondering why this Thread has been revived.
icon_scratch.gif
I PROMISE all of you that I am VERY on top of this issue. The Law that was proposed has been RESCINDED. Another words it is DEAD. If ANY of you are stopped PM me asap. I said it before, I'll say it again: I will put a COLD stop to it. Thing is that if no one tells me about this I can't be more effective in stopping this crap. We here ALL launched a great Campaign to stop this Law. Because of the HEAT We generated they that be killed this Law. It is UNENFORCABLE even in Court. I'll be glad to give you the info to defend yourself. But at last I can't help you if I don't know about it ok. The Powers that be here "DO" know me by name. They dread me coming to them. I literally pull no punches and I'll unleash everything I can on them post haste.!!! So the ball is now mostly in your Courts ok guys. I can't fight a ghost I can't see. So what say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

NOW: I know that there other States who are pulling the same CRAP. I will now take this one step further and show you how to stop it all "COLD". Personally I want it "ALL" to stop across the ENTIRE COUNTRY. To me it is nothing more than another Form of Tyranny pure and simple. Thing is that if no one says anything anywhere NOTHING will get done to put a cold stop to them trampling on "your" basic Civil Liberty. And I mean NOTHING. I think it is about time that I can now focus on other areas across this Great Nation of Ours, not theirs. This Nation was conceived and born out of the fight against Tyranny in all Forms. Well Folks, sad to say but that Tyranny still exists today. It is way past high time We put a stop to it in all of it's Forms.
Hence it is that I, BARKER, hereby do call upon ye masses to arise and put asunder this masked Tyranny once and for all and in that the Blood of OUR ForeFather's was never shed in Vain.
HOW you ask, I say that this CAN be accomplished through a series of well placed Write In Campaigns that include Write Ins, emails, letters, Public Exposure and even the Media. These are the steps WE here all took up to put and end to that Tyranny here in Mass. Now I say let US do the same Nationwide.
The 1st Step is for people to tell me about ANY "CURRENT" times they have been told to stop detecting, harassed over it, Threatened with Arrest, Fines or even Jail Time and/or confiscation of your detectors. I will in turn start a DataBase of ALL such incidents and any pertinent information regarding these incidents. Folks, when you are accosted over detecting get as much info as possible such as Dates, Times, "ALL" Persons involved. Get their names, pictures are GREAT. Record the area and the weather as well ok. You will be surprised as to how many times Weather has come to play in Testimony. I know, I've dealt with it ok. Second, WRITE IT DOWN.!!! Memories fail, get confused etc. If you write it ALL down that won't happen ok.

2nd) I will then take all of your info and start a 2nd Database of any and ALL Officials & Departments that are pertinent in every case ok. It will include Names, Addresses, Times and Lengths of the calls, what was said, and then Direct you guys to start this Campaign against all those responsible for this Tyranny ok.

3rd). I will personally call EVERY SINGLE PERSON that is involved including the Governor of Each State if need be. I kid you not.!!! I did it before, I'll do it again ok. !!!

4th) I will keep EVERY person here fully informed on each Cases Status and advise you who to contact and maybe what to say ok. We can't have 50 people saying 50 different things regarding each case. We would never get anywhere ok.
Folks, THESE are the above Steps We here took to STOP the Tyranny here in Mass. I fully believe it will work in EVERY other State as well ok.
Hence it is Folks that the ball is now in your Court. I await your Feedback & Reports.
I know I started doing it a while ago but became distracted due to severe Medical Issues ok. Thing is that if "WE" work together "WE" can change this Nation on this issue and put a cold stop to the Tyranny that has gone on for so long. This is YOUR Country & YOUR call. May God Bless America. I await. PEACE:RONB
:usflag:

To take this one step further here is my FULL Contact info ok.

Ronald Buckley
54 Wareham Str., Apt 2
Medford, MA

857 - 261 - 0645 up to 10pm EST
&
[email protected]

PEACE:RONB
leprechaun-hat.png
leprechaun-hat.png
:usflag:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Haha Barker, look at the title of THIS thread. "Metal detecting ban in Mass." And sure, WHEN AND IF someone clicks on it, and reads the 5 or 6 paragraphs, they will see that it's about NOT being a "ban". But rather: it was a false alarm, rescinded, etc... Right ? But here's the problem : The average person just sees the title only, and isn't necessarily clicking to read further (unless it happens to interest them at that exact time).

But later on, if they're thinking of detecting there, ONLY THEN do they recall "gee, I thought I read something about illegal there ?". And so .... they put out questions. And you know what happens on bureaucratic levels when "desks get flooded with well-meaning people seeking clarifications". Doh!

SO THE VERY TITLE OF YOUR THREAD ITSELF only serves to put this rumor FURTHER into the "rumor mill". Get it ? A perfect example is the post you allude to, where .... NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU COME ON saying "it's not true", yet .... sure as heck, someone comes on 25 pages later saying "tsk tsk, how horrible". Why ? Because they're not reading in the intervening 25 pages !

So if I were you and msbeepbeep, I would change the title of the 2 forum posts to "metal detecting is great fun on Mass beaches" (or something to that effect).

This whole psychological effect (of "bad news travels fast" phenomenon) is EXACTLY why I always ask "says who?" when I read somewhere that "such & such places is off-limits". Often times it is merely the effect which you have witnessed here first hand.

And by the way: Thank you for the excellent ambassador job you did on all this !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baker, your the op of the original thread I can lock it for you if you wish.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Ron is just trying to get people to contact him if they are told they can not detect on Mass. beaches.
He has contacts that can help, and he has been a great help preventing the closing of the DCR beaches.

Sorry i have not been on top of this, i have been dealing with the loss of my husband if 43 years.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
msbeepbeep, sorry about your loss :(

Yes, Ron is a great asset to this topic ! And the poor guy's name will now forever be linked when anyone does a key-word search on the topic, as if he's somehow now the "go-to" person to "put out these fires" Doh!

If the mod's see this: Can you change the title of this thread to: "Mass. state are no problem" ? Because otherwise, as can be seen: The mere title of the thread (persons tend not to read 25 pages to get to the real skinnny) is throwing people for a loop. And thus the "rumor never dies". Doh!

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; TOM, I understand your point. Yup, maybe the OLD Thead should be locked and THIS new thread started. TH, Will you LOCK that one please. If the Title to "THIS" Thread were to be changed please change it to like: DETECTING "WAS" Banned in Mass. NOT NOW. New Coverage. ok. I was not sure how to word this Threads Title. I'd leave the first one alone except it be Locked down so Folks can read it but not Post to it which was my goal here ok. This Law was in Full Effect here but has since been Rescinded AFTER the Actions that were taken in first Thread ok.

NOW: "I" am the one who took the ball and ran with it to get these Laws changed. I was first alerted to it by Msbeepbeep and Roger Barbrick.. Then I made a number of calls. I found out that yes this Ban was truly in effect. I also learned that a number of people had been stopped from detecting on ALL DCR controlled beaches. Well, after a number of calls later I established who those were that created this Law, started a Write In Campaign with Msbeepbeeps help and after a great write in job from everyone here this Law was Rescinded. BUT not until AFTER this Law was in FULL Effect. Then I found out that the DCR Rangers were still Enforcing this Rescinded Law as though it was still an Active Law. I then contacted DCR Commissioner Jack Murrray and we had an actual Meeting at his Office which is near where I live. It was finally at that point that a Notice was sent to ALL the DCR Ranger Stations stating that this Law had been rescinded and that it was not to be Enforced. Well, after a few months I heard from several more personal friends of mine that they had also been stopped by these Rangers. I then made several more calls and the word was "supposedly" passed on to the Rangers again. I then lost track of this situation due to some severe personal medical problems. Then when I reread the Thread and some other Posts a few days ago I find that folks are "STILL" being stopped. This is why I personally made the Post I did here.

I think there are a few causes of this to still be happening AFTER the Law Banning Detecting was Rescinded.

1st) Folks have not read my Posts in that Thread as you suggest and thus don't know what to do if they are stopped.
2nd) Folks are actually "afraid" to stand up for what is Right and leave like sheep to the slaughter.
3rd) That there are still some Rangers who have (A) Not gotten the Word or (B) Just don't care and still try to Enforce it anyways.
4th) Some Folks for some reason are just now Reporting they have been stopped by DCR Rangers and it is just now appearing in the OLD Thread.

Hence it is that for any of the above reasons that I started this new Thread. I want to know if ANYONE has been stopped in Mass as off late and else where as well. That I also think it would be a good idea that We here put a cold stop to this Tyranny in EVERY State. That is why I wrote what I did and I stand by it. That I will be glad to "ASSIST" anyone here who has been stopped from detecting on DCR Controlled Beaches & Parks in any State. This Policy is wrong and I want to see it stopped cold. Hence it is that I ask ANYONE who has been stopped to either Post it here or PM me with all of the DETAILS I requested in my prior Post here. That I will be glad to do the Research and establish the proper contacts and even help begin a Write In Campaign and make the phone calls.
As it is I literally just got out of the Hospital this morning at 11am dealing with a very serious medical issue. I almost lost my right foot over it. I just had Surgery for it yesterday. Yes, I'm feeling better now thanks. Anyways, I am making this an open invite to anyone who has experienced these incidents, regardless of State or location to contact me with all of the DETAILS and I'll be glad to help ok.
Thanks for the heads up TOM. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom; I will. This one is gonna take a while though. I got danged LUCKY for sure. God Blessed me on this one. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so I read all this and there is no ban?
waste of my time

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jef; There was a Ban in Effect here in Mass; n ot now. BUT there are a LOT of other places where these Bans ARE in still effect and being Enforced. Your reading it was NOT a waste of time. You may need to know what the Issues are when they come up again and they sure WILL ok. PEACE:RONB

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... BUT there are a LOT of other places where these Bans ARE in still effect and being Enforced....

Really ? Where ? I must not have asked enough questions of enough bored bureaucrats.

It's statements like this, that simply perpetuate ( and eventually bring about) the very notion to begin with. People, upon reading stuff like this, will just "run around seeking permissions and clarifications" (lest they "run afoul of a ban"), and then guess what happens ?

NOT SAYING TO THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND. But just saying: Look what happened to the title of the original pinned post: YOU CAN NEVER PUT IT TO REST. The minute some supposed "bad news" gets out there, people will just assume it's true ("bad news travels fast" and is never questioned).

Thus I DO question that "lots of places" have "bans". I say "says who?" . And no, I don't go in asking bored archies to "please clarify this". I will look it up for myself. And if I see something that SPECIFICALLY says "no md'ing", I might believe it. But if they just quote ancillary "disturb" and "alter" cr#p, then to me, that's nothing more than the "no one cared till you asked" psychology.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom; I agree to a point. I agree that what you are saying is true in that the bureaucrats and Archies are just looking for things to justify or pinpoint areas where they can outright BAN detecting. I've seen it happen myself. Thing is that they WILL continue doing it with glee until they are stopped cold. It is not until We here get together like We did here for Mass and stand up to them. BUUTTT if no one says anything or not even Report it here then this will NEVER stop until the Entire Country has Banned detecting. Hence it is here that We must take Our stands and put an end to this Tyranny. I truly doubt there are many here who are the bureaucratic Archie types and even if there are any they are limited in number.
It was not until someone here spoke up about it that it was brought to my attention and then to the rest of the Forums attention. It was then that We became an Organized Force that placed a huge amount of heat on these bureaucratic types that We here got it overturned and Rescinded. If no one had said anything this would have never been possible. We here can NOT go like sheep to the silent slaughter. Hence it is that I put out this call to ANYONE who has been stopped from detecting on these PUBLIC lands to speak up and Report these incidents to myself either here on this Forum or via PM if you wish. I have even gone to the point of Posting my Entire Contact Information here. THAT is how strongly I feel about these situations.
I agree that you have a valid point but We here can NOT sit around and do Nothing.
To those who may be inclined. PLEASE do "NOT" approach these so called bureaucrats or Archies or go to ANY given supposedly PROPER Department like City Hall and start asking all about the Laws governing Metal Detecting in given areas. I'll tell you now that you will 99% be turned down and cause some kind of new Laws to be Enacted Banning Detecting just because you went there asking them their opinions ok. DO NOT DO IT.!!! This Forum and my PM "ARE" the places to go to get the info you want SAFELY ok. It is those of Us here that are so inclined that WE are the ones that will get things done PROPERLY ok. You do NOT have to go it alone ok. Anyways, I await your replies. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes. You should be given a medal for your hard work in that episode !

But I was just saying that .... as real as that was (past tense), it doesn't mean that "bans are in effect all over" (to give people things to run around worrying about and checking on). If they found one that was thinking of a ban, well then sure: Solidarity. But on the other hand, .... actual true rules that truly say "no md'ing" are rare. Someone may gripe on the grounds on "cultural heritage" (fine, just don't find old stuff), or holes or alter or deface, etc.... But true and specific "bans" are not common. At least on the county and city level stuff. Very few city or counties ever dreamed up anything of that nature.

Again, great job Barker !

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom; Thanks. Again I just want to offer my help IF it does come to pass. Of course I hope not but I'm ready just in case. If I can't go digging due to my bum foot I can at least offer my help in anyy way I can.

Just so you know, I was bitten on the toe by a spider. Don't know which one. After a few days a LARGE hole opened up in my toe to the point I could actually see the muscles in the toe. The skin was gone literally. I went to the hospital and they gave me antibiotics and dressings but it still got worse. Then the whole foot swelled out and turned jet black.!!! I was admitted. They did every test they had and pumped me with every antibiotic they could find. It still got worse. They did a biopsy of the toe. Turns out it was infected with flesh eating bacteria.!!! I had 4 Doctors tell me that they were going to Amputate my foot. On the morning of my surgery, I'm terrified.!!! Then one Doctor Hanson comes in and says I'm gonna do one last test to make sure there is no blockage shutting off the blood flow to the foot because we must establish a good blood flow to the extremity being Amputated. WELL, he did the Surgical Test on my leg and foot. I was awake the whole time TERRIFIED, and I could feel them touch my foot and toe.!!! After I woke up the next morning I looked down in the bed and saw I still had my foot but my toes were HEAVILY wrapped. So I figure that I lost my toe. A few minutes later after I regain my composure the Doctor comes walking in and says that I had the best possible of all results. That he had found and removed a large blockage in my right leg up by the knee that had shut off the blood flow to the foot. That the blood would return to the foot and so I did not need to have my foot Amputated.!!! I almost passed out from the shock.!!! Then he says BUT the toe is so far gone that they may have to Amputate it in the near future but they were going to try several other things first to neutralize the bacteria and thus save the toe but that no matter what I would have a nasty scar from the damage the spider bite caused. WELL I tell you I am one happy Camper right now. I "know" that God Blessed this one for sure. Anyways, stay tuned. I'll keep you informed ok. PEACE:RONB
PS: They think it was a Brown Recluse spider. They are known to be deadly ok.. Talk later. PEACE:RONB

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers to your health Barker. Hang in there.
I applaud your passion ...and thanks for the support of those hassled.
So far so good for me here , but will whistle should an outlandish circumstance arise.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RON ..DONT KNOW (CANT REMEMBER) ..ARE YOU THE ONE I SENT BUNCH OF PICS TO AGAINST THE LAST POLITICAL TRY TO BAN?
I SENT A BUNCH OF RETURN PICS (JEWELRY FOUND AND REURNED) - TRASH PICS AND SHARP/DANGEROUS ITEMS PICS - BUT DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HANDLED THEM OR SOMEONE ELSE THAT HAD STARTED A PETITION...I HAVE TOLD OTHERS - ITS A GOOD IDEA TO TAKE AND SAVE PICS OF TRASH FOUND AND TAKE OUT OF PARKS OR BEACHES - TRY AND GET PICS OF RETURNED ITEMS - AND OF LEAD SINKERS - HOOKS
OR OTHER ITEMS THAT THEY TAKE OUT THAT HELPS IMPROVE THE ENVIROMENT OR PREVENTS A HAZARD. HAVE TOLD OTHERS TO JUST TAKE PICS AND SAVE THEM IN A FOLDER FOR A RAINY DAY - WE CAN SAY "I PICK UP SO MUCH TRASH" BUT PICS ARE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS IN THIS KIND OF FIGHT
AND THAT THEY MAY NEED THEM ONE DAY IN THEIR TOWN OR STATE.
I WAS TOLD THAT MANY OF MY PICS HELPED IN THE LAST CASE - ONCE AGAIN DONT KNOW IF THAT WAS YOU OR NOT
CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED ANY HELP

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CASPER 2; You did help me when we were fighting the bureaucrats here but I think you sent those pictures to some one else like Msbeepbeep or Roger Barbrick. I agree We need EVERY tool We can mister to fight these idiots otherwise they will pull EVERY dirty trick in the book. They are like pirahna when it comes to this subject for sure. I know, I've dealt with them NUMEROUS times. I'll use ANYTHING I can get my hands on to fight them. Thanks for your help and everyone who helped the last time. It Worked.!!! Anyways; I await your replies Folks. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions