HELP! Garrett AT Pro Deep Signals

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so im still fairly new to the at pro and i was just looking for some tips and hints on how to determine deep coins from trash ive found alot of clad but the signals were strong. will deeper coins be faint and not a good signal or will you still get a solid signal with deeper coins and relics? and any help on good vdi numbers would be cool too

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello DigginDave94,

Keep at it you will begin to understand the machine with time. I have over 1000+ hours on my AT Pro and Gold machines.

IMHO, Set your machine as follows: Pro Mode = Zero, Iron Disc= 18 - 20, Sensitivity = 7/8 bars (8 sometimes, depends on area), Iron audio on/off your preference (mine is ON) and Ground Balance in the beginning and during the hunt, only takes a few seconds in auto mode. If you want a bit more depth and response after auto ground balance, go to manual ground balance and lower the number between 2 - 5 notches.

You will dig a lot of trash in the beginning, but don't worry, we all did and still do! I would dig every repeatable signal for a while. I usual dig all signals good or bad from 50 - up. Remember Gold lives in the region of 38 - 69, unfortunately all the junk lives here too! The VID is only a best guess in trashy areas, but very good in clean areas. As the depth of the object increases, the VID on the AT Pro tends to go down, so keep this in mind or you will surely walk over good targets.

You can PM with any specific questions.

GL & HH

Best Regards,

Doc

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff there Professor.
Here are some GENERAL numbers for coins.
51 - 52 Nickel
80 - 81 Penny
81 - 83 Dime
83 - 85 Silver Dime/Ring
86 - 87 Quarter
89 - 90 Silver Half Dollar / Dollar or it could be a can. lol

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There ain't no short cuts to learning a new language. Dig all repeatable signals and even the iffy ones until you learn the language the AT Pro is speaking to you. Only experience will teach you what your machine is trying to tell you and even then you'll be fooled again but, ONLY if you dig it ALL. Get out there and dig until your wifey calls you and tells you to get your butt home. Ha ha !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread