Is it possible to identify people in old pictures? Thank you.

yeahboiantiques

Mar 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_8164.JPG
I was wondering if there are methods to identify who/date when photos were taken. Thank you. Ps if you have any idea who it is in the picture feel free to say ;) thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the guy on the right's shoes might help in dating.

I did take notice of them.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy on the left is left-handed, while the one on the right is right-handed. Not much help, just an observation...

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are millions of pictures of folks like these guys, whose names are lost to history....
Such a shame too, as their stories would be so fascinating to know. I have a few myself, random pics of people from a hundred years ago, but no clue who they were.
But we on Tnet feel obligated to keep them, that's what makes us awesome.

OP
OP
Y

yeahboiantiques

Mar 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are millions of pictures of folks like these guys, whose names are lost to history....
Such a shame too, as their stories would be so fascinating to know. I have a few myself, random pics of people from a hundred years ago, but no clue who they were.
But we on Tnet feel obligated to keep them, that's what makes us awesome.

Yep. Thank you, Ted

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing that catches my eye is I don't see any fobs on the watch chains.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 'watch fob' was a little decoration that hung down from the chain. I guess search that up for a better explanation than I can give you. Anyway, in all the pics of my ancestors who were wearing a pocket watch with a chain, there was a little added decoration hanging down from the chain. Sometimes it had markings representing a local lodge, maybe IOOF, KGC, Masons, or just purely decorative, far as I know. Generally it hung down from the chain right where it goes into the vest pocket. Just caught my eye they didn't have those, and I'm no expert on them. Maybe this pic was taken in another country.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here's the story on these two yahoos from back east looking to make their fortune in gold in the Arizona desert. That roll of paper in the guys hand is about the size of a claim deed so there it is they plunked their money down and bought that pile of sand their sitting on. 'Spose to be an ancient river bed running through the claim. Probably is, 'cept it's 52 feet straight down through the overburden. Start diggin' boys.

OP
OP
Y

yeahboiantiques

Mar 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both men have a boutineer in their lapels--probably attending a celebration.
Men wear their watches on the opposite sides.
Man on right wears high topped laced shoes.
Don...

Found this photo that came along with it. Do you think it has something to do with the other? IMG_8188.JPG

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say they were related as their features are similar....possibly brothers attending the same celebration.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread