AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have experience. I was tested at between 75 and 80; they got that right.
Cowtown...used to be Ft.Worth. Is it still?
Don..........
Still called Cowtown, they still run the cattle twice a day down Exchange Ave. but the Armour meat packing plant has been shuttered for a while.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Piece of what? Carbon-14 dating only works with organisms or material that exchanged atmosphere (i.e. animals, plants, ice or concrete with trapped air bubbles). Also less useful with marine animals and plants because the level of Carbon-14 is different in seawater than air.

It's also kind of 1950's technology. There are much better radiometric isotope tests that are in current use. Some work on non-living artifacts and can tell, say, when a rock was worked based on comparing the fractured face with undesturbed portions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Back in the day........there was a place near the FW stockyards that served beer from a self-serve cooler. The 'honor system' was in play. When you were about to leave you mentioned to the cashier how many beers you had taken and that cost was added to your food bill.
If that restaurant still exists, I have my doubt the same pay system does.
Great memories.
I apologize for the off-thread comments.
Don......

OP
OP
U

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The item is a petrified wood owl. It was the top of a totem carved in a catalpa tree w/a stone ax. Fire was used to make eyes/face and a small carbon footprint remains. It was submerged for many years when lake was inundated ...so. It caused a fair amount of damage. Lost charred material/porous .....

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I've got a couple of items waiting for osl evaluation. CD almost useless in Centex due to wet/dry cycle. OSL has taken some guff lately..what's the ticket for incised limestone?

OP
OP
U

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah Eric Clapton's fav Bbq joint. So many come and go.

OP
OP
U

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah Eric Clapton's fav Bbq joint. So many come and go.

I'm pretty stubborn, everything I've learned a mule taught me.

Talkin in riddles, I'll pursue stuff that isn't right forever. Why so many marbles in old dumps?

I finally figured out why the old dumps have an abundance of crummy marbles and the hi dollar glass is always shattered. The .22 hulls replaced the marbles in the top layers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread