Tesoro Compadre vs Fisher F11 vs Garret Ace 200

Selsaro

Dec 29, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
9 Function Harbor frieght Metal Detector, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking at selling my old detector and a few of my 40-50$ finds to get one of the 3 detectors, as I feel I really want to get deeper Into the hobby.. but 160$ is my limit..

What would you guys prefer for farm land, beaches and smaller house lots??

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 8" Compadre is what I would choose. Better warranty, lighter, more sensitive, just a better all-around machine.:skullflag:

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only have experience with the Compadre, also with the 8" coil, and I really like it. I'm guessing the Garrett and Fisher are each company's 'entry-level' machine? The Compadre may be Tesoro's enrty-level machine, but it is not a toy. I have used mine in wet saltwater, at insanely trashy parks, and everywhere in between, and it finds stuff everywhere! I think the trouble with the typical entry-level machine is that they leave a lot to be desired, and are designed to be out-grown quickly. The Tesoro is something that still has a place with even very experienced detectorists.

There is only one problem with the Tesoro. With the lifetime warranty, you'll never see a need to sell it. :) It's inexpensive enough where resale isn't in way up there, and since it will always be repaired, why would you ever need to get rid of it?

So, IMO, the Tesoro would be the best $160 spent on a new detector.

OP
OP
S

Selsaro

Dec 29, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only have experience with the Compadre, also with the 8" coil, and I really like it. I'm guessing the Garrett and Fisher are each company's 'entry-level' machine? The Compadre may be Tesoro's enrty-level machine, but it is not a toy. I have used mine in wet saltwater, at insanely trashy parks, and everywhere in between, and it finds stuff everywhere! I think the trouble with the typical entry-level machine is that they leave a lot to be desired, and are designed to be out-grown quickly. The Tesoro is something that still has a place with even very experienced detectorists.

There is only one problem with the Tesoro. With the lifetime warranty, you'll never see a need to sell it. :) It's inexpensive enough where resale isn't in way up there, and since it will always be repaired, why would you ever need to get rid of it?

So, IMO, the Tesoro would be the best $160 spent on a new detector.

My only problem with the compadre is that it doesn't have multiple tones..
I'm definitely leaning towards the Tesoro, but I'm staying open till I get enough money.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get yourself a used Fisher F2, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Ace 250, Whites Classic ID II, or other used detector that retails for more than your budget, but is offered for the price of your budget. You should also consider buying a good pin pointer in the near future.

I have bought most of my detectors used and have never had an issue with any of them.

OP
OP
S

Selsaro

Dec 29, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get yourself a used Fisher F2, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Ace 250, Whites Classic ID II, or other used detector that retails for more than your budget, but is offered for the price of your budget. You should also consider buying a good pin pointer in the near future.

I have bought most of my detectors used and have never had an issue with any of them.

I actually just got a message about a used compadre for 75..
If that doesn't work out some how, I would probably get an ace 250 or the F2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread