jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... and I wont even pay 4 dollars for a used pair of jeans at a garage sale :P

My Max has been $5.00 if they look new

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marketing 101, I guarantee the makers of the jeans know how ridiculous this is. However I've now seen this on reddit, facebook, and now even the treasure hunting forum. Tons of free publicity for that store.

Yes but who is gonna Buy them except Posers with more Money then Brains

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a few shirts in the laundry right now that could have sold as accessories to the jeans???

Ya, I am one of those blue collar workers that gets dirty.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew! I saw that article and thought it was a hoax. Then saw it again and thought I was going senile, then attributed it to the printer getting the decimal in the wrong place and said "Hell I wouldn't give you $4.95 for those even under duress! Then I went to TNet and found there ARE intelligent sane people left in this world!!! Thank you guys!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard on the radio that the dirt isn't even real

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the only jeans I would pay $400 for would be for pryanka chopra or selena gomez ( and they would have to be in them)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the only jeans I would pay $400 for would be for pryanka chopra or selena gomez ( and they would have to be in them)

Yea I'd pay $400 for Selena Gomez .
with or without the Jeans on

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are my every day work pants. You all are giving me a complex. Do I really smell that bad?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it. Every time I detect in the park, people aren't watching me wondering what's that guy doing? Is he finding anything?, they are simply admiring what I am wearing. I'm in style again. Am I cool or what.

trancedigger23

Greenie
Apr 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, I live in Europe. You can smell these people too who wear and buy 400 dollar jeans. normally they have on so much perfume or smelly fu fu water (whatever it is called these days) that it will burn your eyes at 100 yards.

Start having flash backs wanting to bang on metal and scream gas gas gas.

My nose is not up in the air on this; my cheapest suits I have was not less than 6K. I would rather sit in a restaurant and converse with a smelly construction worker that is filthy who worked hard and proper like for his meal than some entitled youngster smelling up the place with fu fu water.

Me and who I was with last night in the car were talking about this in general because of these $400 jean news, the people who smell genuinely bad just from work and a hard week don't bother me. I know what it's like, I been there so I don't bother anyone who isn't looking or smelling their best. What the most gross is the people who actually try too hard to be better when they just end up ruining their bodies from all the "beauty" products and heavy amounts of perfume. I can't even smell too much of the stuff without my eyes watering, feeling weird, and getting a little choked up. I don't know if they just get used to it or what. Give me an extra $400 and I'm putting it towards a better metal detector and digging tools. In fact if I blew it gambling I would feel better because at least I had a ridiculous good time instead of a pile of misery manifested as a pair of over priced jeans and fake high class. I don't understand what it's like to want a $400 pair of jeans and I don't think I want to.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It's kind of sad that there are some people in the upper class who want to, "Pretend they Have a ‘Dirty’ Job". Why don't they see how it feels to have a dirty job instead of wearing overpriced jeans with brown dye on the front. It could imagine some business manager metal detecting with those jeans and saying, "Wait! I don't want to ruin my jeans!" :laughing7::laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the money changers in the temple, the rich had to exchange their "too clean" coins for those dirty ones of the working class, lol! I never thought i would see this day!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yours date back the war of 1812. So 400 may be a fair deal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread