How many "Good Years" do YOU have left ?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im 30 with a failing body already, so I figure I'll make it to 65 or so before major problems start to take over.

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way to tell a plane could crash on you while you sleep just have to be positive and hope for the best

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many "Good years" do you have left??..…..... All of them!

HH, RN

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't even worry about that, at all.

There's enough around us to be concerned about without worrying about our mortality

Mom was 91 yesterday, cousin Sharon lives with us now and she's 66, and in 3 months I'll be 68.

I've an Old Folks Home here :) There's 225 years of experience here!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you get another 225 years out of it.

I don't even worry about that, at all.

There's enough around us to be concerned about without worrying about our mortality

Mom was 91 yesterday, cousin Sharon lives with us now and she's 66, and in 3 months I'll be 68.

I've an Old Folks Home here :) There's 225 years of experience here!

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
define "good"

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, most of my family has lived between 80 and 95 years old so if I were to use that as a gauge, I have a few years. Or tlane38003's plane could drop on me in the next minute. who knows. If I go by historical family health and my own, probably another 10-12 years before the machines better swing themselves and targets are dug by "auto-Lesche" tools.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I figure any left will be good. I don't want any more 'interesting' years though as I've had my share of them. There's longevity (up to a 105) and 'shortevity' in my family (30's and 40's). I believe I will be one of those that just goes and goes until one day they find me 'DRT'. Dead Right There. Hope I look good and doin somethin cool when that happens.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to have as many years possible, I think that if we stay busy and keep having goals we may go a longer way, but it can all change in a heartbeat (got that one on youtube).
I like RGINN last sentence, hope I die while doing something and not waiting still in a bed for the grim reaper.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It all depends on your battery. No way of telling how much of a charge it got left. Sometimes they run down and charge right up again.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
me, I have been in the bonus years for over 20 years. The mileage was very rough so the ole body tries to reject everything I do but I make my adjustments as to how I am able to do things and go from there. All I have to do is to go to the VA hospital and I am reminded how good I really have it. It can always be worse. so these days I am a little more picky where I hunt and when. the how long is in hunt a while, rest a bit and do it all over again, no big deal. But I can see doing less and less in the future unless I can get a full body replacement LOL

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing about my household being 225 years of experience....

There were 13 of us cousins, Mom's side. There's the 3 of us up the holler now, one cousin at the coast and the others are gone. There's a couple we have no idea about, off to their own life many years ago.

Probably 75% of my friends from my 20's are gone. So, we get into our occasional visits and too much of the conversation is about who's still with us.

Aging sucks for that reason, our friends who have passed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread