Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last year and half were pretty rough for me but I am still going. My mother had slipped and hit the back of her head hard on a concrete floor and ended up with extreme memory loss and comprehension loss. She eventually died this last January. As for me, it was a time of even more trips and hard falls myself. I drag my right foot a lot from a botched operation years ago and so I tend to hang it on anything and everything, especially when in a hurry. So, now have two partial torn Rotor Cuffs as well as a muscle in my right arm torn loose. Of course I am right handed so I am weaker in that arm plus I struggle to hold things. My eyesight was giving me fits and I thought that it was from cataracts, nope, macular degeneration. This mean getting shots in the left eye every two months or so. I also take the vitamins and with the shots, have slowed the progress down a lot. I also have the usual bad back that drives me nuts. So, metal detecting has its challenges for sure but I don't plan to let these things stop me. I just have to make adjustments as to how I do things. I really like my AT GOLD but after a couple of hours of swinging, my arm is killing me and I am forced to quit for a while. However, the Deus is so much lighter to swing, especially without the remote attached. Plus, the deus is so versatile, you can change programs and even use custom ones that you have created for yourself. I pretty much dig everything except the iron most of the time so I am able to my ear buds and swing away for a lot longer. For me, the deus is a really awesome machine that enables me to continue to enjoy this wonderful hobby. My samson shovel doubles as a crutch for me to use in aiding me to get up. The object of this getting older thing is to not focus on what you can't do anymore (that will do nothing but depress you) but to focus on what you can do. I'm still looking for that cool thing, the silver and gold and relics, I'm just slower at it now. I am using the 3.2 version and it works great for me for the most part. I struggle with it around playground equipt. but I am sure that I just have to figure out what to do differently. The deus is almost like having several machines in one, you can hunt a spot out with one program and then switch to another one and still find something. There are just so many options with this machine that enable you to fine tune it to what your needs are. Even my wife loves using it so there you have it.:icon_thumright:

tim1889

Apr 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Yes Yes!! I know what you mean. I have had a bad Back for many years. Getting ready to retire in 4 months. The XP Deus has been a great MD for me also :)

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hope you are able to enjoy retirement, no more alarm clocks unless you want it!:headbang:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about your Mom's passing dirtlooter.
I'm in a similar boat and thought I'd give the Deus a try also.
I just received my new Deus and got it all charged up for the hunt.
Good Luck out there!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope that you have a great hunt, I really love how it collapses to nothing for traveling.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you dirtlooter, Me too!
I got the WS4 version with the remote and 9" and 11" coils so I can essentially have two detectors with the second coil.
Yesterday, I mowed a huge back yard so I'm recovering today (that's the getting old part, lol) but I'm still going to get in the yard with it for a bit to see if I've missed anything.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, you are set up for sure. yeah, recovery time takes longer these days. I hunted for three hours this morning, got muddy for sure and had to take a nap when I got home. I was hunting a pretty new ball park so most finds are shallow but heavy rock base makes it tough. nothing but clad and trash today. let me know how you do with the deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread