So who out there has actually found a cache?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not Coins but .. I did find over 2300 religious medals in two holes not more then 10 feet apart. Just under 125 were sterling . They were from all over the world. ..
JIM

Were you metal detecting a cemetery at the Vatican? That would be enough to "Piss off the Pope"!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Religious metals counts.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a few coins (100 or so w/no gold) is one thing. But if anybody is lucky enough to find a few hundred mid 1800's gold coins I'd highly suggest to keep your mouth shut. And if you want the now monetary value of them then sell off slowly and just smile!
Again.... "Dig it up, put it up, shut up!" Gold coins? keep them put away. Weedle them out only when you're in an emergency situation. Transmission took a dump, sell enough to get the repairs done put the rest away for the next emergency. Your find is your emergency / retirement fund. Open up your memory bank and think. Where do most people start having difficulty? If you read the news etc. Almost all the guys get caught when the neighbors noticed that this guy making $9 an hour suddenly does $30,000 in upgrades to his house. While the contractors are working he's out fishing on his "recently acquired $500,000 fishing boat. You're big finds are your finds, they are your emergency retirement fund. The world doesn't need to know. If your ego needs massaging that bad, you're in the wrong business & will end up with nothing but empty pockets at the end of the day.

The folks (you know who) who are constantly begging "Show us your finds" all the time. Are about par with someone walking up to you asking for your ATM password, the code for your house alarm system. Why is someone so persistent? Hmmm..........
Be careful, be safe, and have fun with things my friends!!:hello:

Last edited:

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan to make a "fake" cache using an old mason jar and/or a tin can and a bunch of silver coins I have, not because I want to pretend it real, but I want to see how it hits on my machine. Going to put it at 6 inches and the 12 inches and the maybe like 18 inches, if its big enough the AT pro should bleep off at 18 inches ...maybe I don't know.

Now i realize it not quite the same as being in the ground for 60 years or whatever, but should be an interesting experiment.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Again.... "Dig it up, put it up, shut up!" Gold coins? keep them put away. Weedle them out only when you're in an emergency situation. Transmission took a dump, sell enough to get the repairs done put the rest away for the next emergency. Your find is your emergency / retirement fund. Open up your memory bank and think. Where do most people start having difficulty? If you read the news etc. Almost all the guys get caught when the neighbors noticed that this guy making $9 an hour suddenly does $30,000 in upgrades to his house. While the contractors are working he's out fishing on his "recently acquired $500,000 fishing boat. You're big finds are your finds, they are your emergency retirement fund. The world doesn't need to know. If your ego needs massaging that bad, you're in the wrong business & will end up with nothing but empty pockets at the end of the day.

The folks (you know who) who are constantly begging "Show us your finds" all the time. Are about par with someone walking up to you asking for your ATM password, the code for your house alarm system. Why is someone so persistent? Hmmm..........
Be careful, be safe, and have fun with things my friends!!:hello:

nailonhead_zps9a7edeac.jpg

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread