Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I've met the lady before. Seen her a few times, been to her house before to do some photography about 2 years ago. So I went over today, it was drizzling a little. Started walking up the house and her, I guess, son, said he was 65, we got talking about how funny we walk, anyway, I ask him for permission and he said sure. He remembered me. So the lady comes out and wanted to know what we were discussing. So I told her of course. Well she did not want me digging in her lawn. Now she lives 2 doors down from some good friends of mine. She did not remember me. She did not remember my friends, but did remember their street.

House was built in 1853. Yard is probably full of junk. She said I could detect 1 time, while she was there, but not on a Sunday, but didn't know when she was going to be home. I was very polite.

I don't even want to bother digging there. It was a put down from my viewpoint.

I hope she doesn't drive anymore. If my memory gets that bad, well, figure it out....

And you know what's sad, I have a very, very special place in my heart for our older generation. They are very special people. I did Sunday visitations with my church to nursing homes for 7 years till my mom got Alzheimer's, then I couldn't take it any more. I hope she doesn't drive anymore, cause somebody could get killed. Kind of sad story. Now my aunt was sharp up till about 95. She's 102 now.

I am not downing the elderly so don't go there. I'm getting old too, da cat is gettin' there! I had to rephrase this slightly.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to never experience memory loss like that, it is one of my biggest fears. Then again, maybe it would be nice to forget some things!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what did the 80 year old pirate say on his birthday ?--- yep --"aye matey"

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Share with her some history from her yard and I'll bet there's a good chance you'll get some more permissions!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig it anyway, if she comes outside and catches you just tell her you are from her imagination, and since she is having such an odd she concocted up some crazy figment of a person using a grub worm finder and digging them up.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd ask the son when would be a good time. Let him talk to her and decide the day. With a Little luck she may warm up, especially if you find something from her family's past.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe in the fall. Too hot right now. Pulling silver out of my next door neighbor's yard right now, go figure, and then off to the beach during the summer. Got a lot of GOLD on the beach last year including a 1945 Mexican ugly gold coin. Guess it fell out of somebody's jewelry bezel. Got a whole summer ahead of me, maybe will find something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions