My father tricked me!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He knows I'm bit pretty bad with this metal detecting bug.

Today he invited me over for lunch so on the way I hunted a church near his house. Bunch of clad so I went over early.

After we ate he said "you know our house was built in 1951 you might find something in the front yard? Let's do it I said!

He brought his Tesoro out and I had my F70. After 30 min of digging pennies from the 70's I got a 94/96 tone 6 inches deep. Now every time I dig these high tones it's junk.

So I flipped the plug over and out came a WALKER! I was like a little kid filled with joy yelling NO WAY!!!! till I heard his laughter....Lol

He then pulled out a bag of them from his pocket!! Man I was bummed.. lol We laughed about it and kept hunting.

We had a great time, and I finally got to hold that silver beauty even if it was planted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cursed

Greenie
May 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wars have been started over less.... I'm sorry for the random comment... Just the flashbacks.... Oh the flashbacks....

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wars have been started over less.... I'm sorry for the random comment... Just the flashbacks.... Oh the flashbacks....

It was cool just to see one one person! lol I've been hunting hard lately any in two months of hunting I've only found one silver.

So it was good to know my F70 hit it hard and dead on the numbers.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to grab an old rusty 1950's steel container that I found metal detecting, fill it with around 300 wheat cents and bury it for my partner to find. I decided against the idea though, he would probably freak out and drop them all, or worse, rub the dirt off of them in the field :laughing7:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
did he let you keep it?

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did he let you keep it?

Na.. I should have took it! But I want to find the real thing in the wild.

Digressing a bit, I was hunting out in the country here in Tennessee where an old man (86 years) at a church while asking permission once. During our conversations on the civil war relic hunting he offered to give me Civil War bullets, as many as I wanted! He pointed I live across the street I can show you. :shocked: I thanked him but declined, saying it's about the hunt and the thrill of finding it on my own.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great time with your Dad, cherish these times! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread