Sea coffin

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Rvalantino.jpeg
My father claimed to be the illegitimate son of Rudolph Valentino. How cool is that!

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Drake1596, how's the hunt for the supposed Drake treasure going ? Any info passed down through the generations of your family, is no doubt iron-clad (not subject to telephone game or wishful thinking gone-awry). Thus you no doubt have the treasure location pinned down to *just* a certain island, or meadow, or gully, etc..... How deep is it ? 9 meters ? So you'll no doubt need investors, eh ? (heavy equipment, govt. clearances, lawyers, etc....). Post pictures ! :)

OP
OP
D

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drake1596, how's the hunt for the supposed Drake treasure going ? Any info passed down through the generations of your family, is no doubt iron-clad (not subject to telephone game or wishful thinking gone-awry). Thus you no doubt have the treasure location pinned down to *just* a certain island, or meadow, or gully, etc..... How deep is it ? 9 meters ? So you'll no doubt need investors, eh ? (heavy equipment, govt. clearances, lawyers, etc....). Post pictures ! :)
No I don't have all the info and love your sarcasm people like you fuel those like me. Thank you

Sent from my SM-S920L using TreasureNet.com mobile app

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I am related to John Aldan twice, on my mother's side, apparently unknowingly in the 18th or 19th century a relative of his married another relative of his :laughing7:. I have a book tracing back my family many generations. It is always fun to look at your family tree and see who you are related to.

OP
OP
D

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am related to John Aldan twice, on my mother's side, apparently unknowingly in the 18th or 19th century a relative of his married another relative of his :laughing7:. I have a book tracing back my family many generations. It is always fun to look at your family tree and see who you are related to.
I did that and ancestory.com

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
It's just the coffin and for museum purpose ...

Well if so, then please accept my apology for skepticism/sarcasm. You have no idea how many folks (probably quite sincere) pop on with wild tales . That is usually just "someone told someone told someone told ..." etc... And a little critical looking at the stories shows they are nothing more than Indiana Jones style ghost-stories (or investor seeking, or straight out of the textbook type lore, etc....).

The moment I saw "45 tons" of silver (which it turns out was not your quote), I thought this was another such fanciful silly story.

OP
OP
D

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if so, then please accept my apology for skepticism/sarcasm. You have no idea how many folks (probably quite sincere) pop on with wild tales . That is usually just "someone told someone told someone told ..." etc... And a little critical looking at the stories shows they are nothing more than Indiana Jones style ghost-stories (or investor seeking, or straight out of the textbook type lore, etc....).

The moment I saw "45 tons" of silver (which it turns out was not your quote), I thought this was another such fanciful silly story.
I understand my apologies as well sir

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I too would be very interested in this story. As i share the same interest in adventure and discovery. After all i too am a man of fortune and must seek my fortune. Best of luck drake. It is sometimes those who fly under the radar have the most success.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Drake1596

May 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too would be very interested in this story. As i share the same interest in adventure and discovery. After all i too am a man of fortune and must seek my fortune. Best of luck drake. It is sometimes those who fly under the radar have the most success.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks man!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread