Garrett pro pointer AT for underwater metaldetecting?

s_gaitandjiev

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2017
Sofia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250,
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys im a bit new to the hoby but i love it. I bought a Garrett ACE 250 last summer and used it on the beach and i was very pleased with the results on dry sand, found a lot of coins. Last week i bought a pro pointer AT aka the orange one for searching old battlefields and such. So i was wondering, can i use the pro pointer at for searching underwater on the beach, i know its water proof to about 10Feet. But is the salt water bad for the rubber seals and such. Lastly can i use the pointer solely without a metal detector under water since it has a limited range, is it possible to find stuff with it like that?

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys im a bit new to the hoby but i love it. I bought a Garrett ACE 250 last summer and used it on the beach and i was very pleased with the results on dry sand, found a lot of coins. Last week i bought a pro pointer AT aka the orange one for searching old battlefields and such. So i was wondering, can i use the pro pointer at for searching underwater on the beach, i know its water proof to about 10Feet. But is the salt water bad for the rubber seals and such. Lastly can i use the pointer solely without a metal detector under water since it has a limited range, is it possible to find stuff with it like that?

I can't imagine it being that efficient, as targets already have to be about 4 or 5 inches away for the pointer to pick up on it.

For what you're suggesting, you might want to look into the ScubaTector, by Deteknix: https://www.deteknix.com/product/scuba-tector-xpointer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread