its a very good feeling when
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By Rustic
  • 1 Post By dirtlooter
  • 1 Post By xr7ator

Thread: its a very good feeling when

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12358 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

it's a very good feeling when

It is a very good feeling when something that you find is making someone else happy. A lot of us that dig and find things such as rings end up either giving some to someone or it is confiscated by the wife or another family member. It is awesome when you are able to find and return something to the owner, especially when it is a friend or family. My wife is very picky on her jewelry and won't wear just anything, she prefers a low profile ring and very simple in design. So, several years ago when I found a very plain (in my eyes) but ornate silver ring, she couldn't wait for me to clean it up and try it on. The only time she takes it off is when she is detecting and we both take our jewelry off then. I also have several friends that wear various jewelry that I have found and given them. They are always proud of them and quick to say that they came from me and that I detected them. The junk/bling rings are of course offered to the kids ect. knowing full well that they will be lost usually very quickly. I know that I am not the only one that does this or has something confiscated like that but it is pretty cool to find something that my wife even likes...she has jewelry that I have bought for her that she never wears, go figure. I just wish that I could find something that actually fits my big fingers and I like or would wear. More reason to get out detecting again. I keep kidding her that she has to find me one and who knows, she might one of these days.
    Rustic likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Jul 2015
    western MA
    XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
    660 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I agree, it's a good feeling to find jewelry and then turn it into a gift for a family member, and i like the feeling of returning a long lost ring to its original owner, but you know sometimes it's frustrating too. I gave one of my nieces a beautifully decorated silver ring I detected, and never received so much as a thank you about it. Very frustrating...
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12358 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    some just don't appreciate gifts as they should, some are just spoiled
    Rustic likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3161 times
    Thanks for the good read, dirtlooter. May there be a big size 13 or so in you or your wife's future detecting outings that would make a nice one for one of your paw parts...
    HH and GOOD LUCK, ALL
    dirtlooter likes this.

Sponsored Links