Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a very good feeling when something that you find is making someone else happy. A lot of us that dig and find things such as rings end up either giving some to someone or it is confiscated by the wife or another family member. It is awesome when you are able to find and return something to the owner, especially when it is a friend or family. My wife is very picky on her jewelry and won't wear just anything, she prefers a low profile ring and very simple in design. So, several years ago when I found a very plain (in my eyes) but ornate silver ring, she couldn't wait for me to clean it up and try it on. The only time she takes it off is when she is detecting and we both take our jewelry off then. I also have several friends that wear various jewelry that I have found and given them. They are always proud of them and quick to say that they came from me and that I detected them. The junk/bling rings are of course offered to the kids ect. knowing full well that they will be lost usually very quickly. I know that I am not the only one that does this or has something confiscated like that but it is pretty cool to find something that my wife even likes...she has jewelry that I have bought for her that she never wears, go figure. I just wish that I could find something that actually fits my big fingers and I like or would wear. More reason to get out detecting again. I keep kidding her that she has to find me one and who knows, she might one of these days.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, it's a good feeling to find jewelry and then turn it into a gift for a family member, and i like the feeling of returning a long lost ring to its original owner, but you know sometimes it's frustrating too. I gave one of my nieces a beautifully decorated silver ring I detected, and never received so much as a thank you about it. Very frustrating...

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some just don't appreciate gifts as they should, some are just spoiled

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Thanks for the good read, dirtlooter. May there be a big size 13 or so in you or your wife's future detecting outings that would make a nice one for one of your paw parts...
HH and GOOD LUCK, ALL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions