Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris P Bakon

Thread: XLT spectrum help in North GA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2017
    Northish Georgia
    Ace 250 Ace 400 XLT Spectrum
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

XLT spectrum help in North GA

I recently bought an XLT spectrum that looks to be in perfect condition. Ive researched quit a bit on it then went out and tried it out. I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone in North Ga with a Spectrum or experience with one willing to help show me how to work this thing. I don't want to give up on it but I may have to.

Thanks for looking

P.S. Ive only been metal detecting since December.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13170 times
    While waiting for a response - you might consider posting a request on Sub-Forums: Georgia. You might also browse Brands > White's for others with the XLT...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

May 2017
    Look on youtube there's a few videos on there about the White's XLT, I have owned 4 of them luv em a good machine.
    Wish i still owned one but got a little heavy for me after a while of swinging it. No manual ?
    If not go to whites home page might be there where you can print one out.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2896 times
    I would report over in the White's board. I am sure there are some current or former users there. You should also be able to look up its user manual online. If I can find one I will post a link.

Whites does have the manual available for download :

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/wp...ion_manual.pdf
    Last edited by SusanMN; May 13, 2017 at 07:41 AM.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    dirt dog

Mar 2014
    upstate ny
    whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
    160 times
    get the book.tells you very easily how to operate it.start with the preset programs.they work well.keep practicing.once your getting to know it you can start tweeking the settings to your soil,area,etc.xlt is the top machine others starting copying.still holds its own with the top machines.main thing is get to know it as best you can.then there will be nothing better for you to use.had mine 25 yrs still works like new.

us
    Apr 2017
    Northish Georgia
    Ace 250 Ace 400 XLT Spectrum
    4 times
    Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I should have included that the manual came with it as well as a hard cover case. I've watched the few videos on youtube and looked at several forums(tnet being the best) and i just can't seem to get the hang of it. Ive got permission at a church property that's 100+ years old and has an old house, football field, track, and acreage on it. The ground around the house seems to be nothing but iron. My ace 400 numbers jump all over the place with every lil move even with sens turned down to 2. I KNOW there's got to be some stuff down deep and the XLT has to be the machine to find it based on my research. I guess I'm more of a "show me and ill learn" type person.

Thanks again for looking
    Limitool likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links