Apr 21, 2017
Northish Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ace 400
XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought an XLT spectrum that looks to be in perfect condition. Ive researched quit a bit on it then went out and tried it out. I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone in North Ga with a Spectrum or experience with one willing to help show me how to work this thing. I don't want to give up on it but I may have to.

Thanks for looking

P.S. Ive only been metal detecting since December.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
While waiting for a response - you might consider posting a request on Sub-Forums: Georgia. You might also browse Brands > White's for others with the XLT...

dimebagg

May 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on youtube there's a few videos on there about the White's XLT, I have owned 4 of them luv em a good machine.
Wish i still owned one but got a little heavy for me after a while of swinging it. No manual ?
If not go to whites home page might be there where you can print one out.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get the book.tells you very easily how to operate it.start with the preset programs.they work well.keep practicing.once your getting to know it you can start tweeking the settings to your soil,area,etc.xlt is the top machine others starting copying.still holds its own with the top machines.main thing is get to know it as best you can.then there will be nothing better for you to use.had mine 25 yrs still works like new.

OP
OP
K

Kris P Bakon

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2017
Northish Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ace 400
XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I should have included that the manual came with it as well as a hard cover case. I've watched the few videos on youtube and looked at several forums(tnet being the best) and i just can't seem to get the hang of it. Ive got permission at a church property that's 100+ years old and has an old house, football field, track, and acreage on it. The ground around the house seems to be nothing but iron. My ace 400 numbers jump all over the place with every lil move even with sens turned down to 2. I KNOW there's got to be some stuff down deep and the XLT has to be the machine to find it based on my research. I guess I'm more of a "show me and ill learn" type person.

Thanks again for looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread