Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious.
I read a post recently, where the OP mentioned that he had buried some Wheat Pennies in a tin, when he was a kid. Thinking about that, I remembered how I buried a box of "Treasure ", when I was a kid. The "Treasure" consisted of a few pennies and some of my sister's costume jewelry. lol
He did it. I did it. How about any of you guys?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but my dad buried some minie balls. Years after he died I went to see if they were still there. They weren't. He was a CW Centennial reenactor.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a real cache, but a time capsule rather.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My mom told me about some coins she buried when she was a kid in an old coffee can (this would be in the 1940's). She said she could never remember exactly where she buried it. Probably still there in old Metairie, LA on Carollton St.

Unfortunately, a metal detector wouldn't do much good there as my grandfather used run a blacksmith shop out of his garage and in his later years he cut up old cars for scrap metal. Likely lots of slag everywhere.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never buried one yet. I do want to at some point. Just for fun.

My Grandfather buried a jar with a few pennies and costume jewelry when he was a kid. We have all looked for it over the years, but at the time it was a field and was horse plowed. Since that time machinery goes a lot deeper and probably has it scattered.

He claimed it was nothing special and showed us the approximate area, but there is so much trash in there from old burn piles and years of previous plowing with machines that we haven't found anything yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread