At pro or Fisher F75 LTD

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me out here. I have a chance to get a crazy deal on a f75 ltd, but I've been planning on buying a AT Pro and now I'm not sure of which to get. I hunt for coins and jewelry at parks and schools and churches and homes. Which is The better of the two here. I've heard great things about both.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are great machines for the type of detecting you do. Comes down to personal choice at this point.

With that being said....a deal is hard to pass up

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had that same problem so I got them both. There both great machines. ATP is more user friendly the Fisher is a beast but you have to harness and learn that power. I use both and both find thing the other misses. But that being said I love and good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$550for then AT Pro on Kelly Co with extra accessories or the F75 LTD with Garrett Pro pointer for $500

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allot of the "accessories" they throw in are pretty useless or junk in my opinion but a Garrett pro pointer is something that would come in handy even if you already have a pin pointer.

If I didn't already have an F70, that I absolutely love, I would definitely consider the F75 deal.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you ever want to go in the water, where a majority of gold rings are found ?
If there answer is definitely no, would probably go with the F75.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a fisher f70 (close to the f75) and an at pro. 90% of the time I grab the f70. Light fast long battery life and deep.

The atpro is a bit heavier but still a good machine. Both are a good choice.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both. They are two different animals like everyone said. On land easy hunting with the f-75. I hunt water with the at pro mostly or a rainy day. I will say that the f-75 did end up pulling some good targets out that I had scoured with the at pro. Maybe i just missed them but hit it again and got nothing. I like the f-75 but its a noisy chattering machine. Plus they want you to send it in for an upgrade at a cost to make it better. I do not like that thought of having to pay to upgrade a machine I already shelled out a pretty penny for.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is already there, but if you want to try your hand at water hunting or heavy rainy days.........then the AT Pro is the answer.

If you don't, then saving the money would be the wise thing.

Good luck.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a fisher f70 (close to the f75) and an at pro. 90% of the time I grab the f70. Light fast long battery life and deep.

The atpro is a bit heavier but still a good machine. Both are a good choice.

I agree with that, out of the 2, I grab the F75 most of the time.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F 75 - latest platform at least(with DST)- isnt noisy or chattery if run at sensible gain settings. I find the sensativity knob (in discrim) is more influencial to the threshold (hence chatter) than depth. The depth always appears to be there even with relatively low gain settings. Or is it just me. I must say there has never been a time I wished the F75 was waterproof. Niether machine fare too well in the wet salty sand. The F75 canrun at the beach but its certainly not its strong point!
From what I see (could be hype) the new AT max is beach capable and waterproof.

Chub

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks or the replies!!

I decided to go with the F75 SE LTD for $485 with a Garrett pro pointer. I think I got a good deal, now the part of learning a new machine!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions