rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahh thanks everyone!
I had scanned endlessly everywhere else- and its always spot on- usually a buckshot- bullet- nail- some weird crap- tabs etc- though this one does have me wondering. The side of the mountain it was blast through is all rocks and some dirt ( and TONSS of horrid roots). The dirt I dug my china hole (lol) is the dirt from blasting and removal for the basement etc. Home was build 20yrs ago- 2nd owner. Nada on signals on the walls- only straight friggin down ONLY 9 MORE INCHES hhahaha

When I googled on shoes and 'horse apparatus' as I thought it was a piece from a bit or something/harness I cam across the oxen shoe theory- and given oxen in the 1700s wore shoes only for pulling heavy equipment so I've read-blended with the depth of 10"+ and location on the side of the mountain near a GIGUNDO boulder- with no trash (thank you upstate ny for regular NYC and Long Island make a MD operator wanna rip their hair out)

I was told the saltwater (non of course where I am going to China) makes for ghost and odd signals- as well as metals in the soil- rocks etc- (I'D LOVEE a meteorite!) pumping the whites against the ground 1" above up and down primes it against and registers the current conditions to stop erroneous beeps (so they say) Course those TEENY TINY lil piece of foil and whatnot will always drive you batty I learned. No old septic/wells/gas/and it's ony in this one spot- not leading elsewhere- just straight down otherwise I'd find it along a line to the home or the septic/well. I HATE NOT KNOWINGGGG

Thats IT Ima just gonna dig- if anyone wants any Chinese Food while im in China this weekend place your orders :D

Thanks Scooter1 I may hit you up one day if I ever go that far north! Or halfway and you can help me dig to another area of China maybe HAH HAHA

Thanks everyone!!

`

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn! Oxen DO wear shoes! But they are in pairs.... for both toes. WOW! I'll re-peruse your pic to try and tell if it is ONE TOE of one foot. Glad I came across your post. "I" got the lesson today. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some Chinese coins have square holes in them, causing the DEEP beeps. (I'll take some chicken chow mein) TTC

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ya, old metal septic tanks will do that too.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the target ringing up as on the machine? That would determine whether or not I would dig more than 10 inches down. Unless it's telling you it's a coin or a non-ferrous relic, let it go! It's either a hunk of iron or a beer can a foot down.

OP
OP
rosespetal

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even remember though I'm fairly sure it was in the silver realm certainly not the crud zone. I too find it amazing for the depth and some empty signals too - maybe it's a silver oxen to go w that shoe ... lol 😂 I will most likely try again soon because it just irks me so.
Thanks again !!
IMG_8586.JPG

QUOTE=FreeBirdTim;5404361]What is the target ringing up as on the machine? That would determine whether or not I would dig more than 10 inches down. Unless it's telling you it's a coin or a non-ferrous relic, let it go! It's either a hunk of iron or a beer can a foot down.[/QUOTE]

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that iron from that rusted mule shoe has leached deep into the soil. I dig those shoes often and they get crusty and after being dug I still get a signal in the holel. Also a nail could be falling back into that hole giving you a hit. Those shoes were used in the civil war and back so I understand why you want that target. Are you digging a rust stain in the ground maybe?
Just thoughts and good luck!

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a buried oil tank and a cement septic tank with metal reinforcements that sound like silver coins.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I probably pass on one target per hunt where I go down 10" and it still sounds off much deeper. Occasionally I clank into it and it usually is a piece of rusty plate metal or sometimes the crunch of a can. On the beach I'll dig until I locate the target. Crazy how much deeper my detector goes in dry sand than dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions