Relic Hunting

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point!! I just picked up two eight packs of G2. If you get thirsty you waited too long to drink and if you're not pissing pale to clear you are begging for heat stroke. Thanks for posting this

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now your talking my language!
The hotter the better!!!.....
Very Very important to stay properly hydrated! Drink as much water as it takes to keep your pee clear!
Studies have shown, the more water you drink, the more money I make!

Yes, I sell water for a living....have for 17 years.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend of mine gets so focused on swinging his detector that he gets badly dehydrated. He actually told me to stop him and tell him to drink some water. Now THAT'S dedication!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though it never gets 'hot' here in the high country, good advice for vistors here. Very low humidity, and you very rarely sweat, still you can dehydrate real quick. Back off the alcohol and caffeine, too.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine gets so focused on swinging his detector that he gets badly dehydrated. He actually told me to stop him and tell him to drink some water. Now THAT'S dedication!

Im the same way with eating... ill forget to eat all day, and i only realize when i start getting dizzy when i stand up from digging

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, tis kidney stone season...... :BangHead:
I thought I was gonna dehydrate yesterday, while in the ocean...... :icon_scratch:
I mean, all that water....... and I'm getting parched. :BangHead:
Stay hydrated everyone, GL & HH!

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
download.png This H&S guy reminds you "If you're not peeing , your not drinking enough water" !

Of course , monitor colors may differ.

....Thank for the reminder !

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hint. If you freeze a bottle of water and then take it with you, you will have nice cold water for hours. Much more appealing to sip on than warm stuff.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy,, this is very important, , thanks for the post.
I do take vitamins so sometimes it takes hours for me pee to clear to an acceptable color. I go into the water, chest deep, in a wet suit when it gets hot. When you wear a wet suit, you don't get to see the clarity of your urine. I always bring a liter of seltzer when I go on any hunt. It is more important than my scoop or Leche digger.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a history of not eating or drinking when doing just about anything outside, I just get so intent on what I am doing. however, this getting older and all of the meds that I take require me to remember to do both. I still have to make myself do both. I bought a large bottle of water that had one of those pull tips to drink and then push it back to reseal it. I just refill it all the time. But sometimes you just need to stop for a few minutes in the shade to drink something and maybe eat a small snack to re-energize yourself. great comments y-all

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok....all this drinking water/dehydration stories.... I gotta share this story....
August 1996, my first week in Florida, actually, my first day of work....
My (first) wife sends me to work with a 6 pack of little water bottles, they were gone by 8 am, it was already like a hundred degrees by then.
The job was chasing a tractor in a cemetery, blowing off the brass headstones so the fertilizer wouldn't pock-mark and ruin the markers.....
So I see this lady, using a water spigot from the ground to water flowers in a pot, JACKPOT!
I haul azz to the water source, turn it on full blast, bury my head under it, and suck as much water as I could drink asap...
Didn't think anything of it, the water smelled like rotten eggs, and wasn't as cold as I would have liked....oh well.....
The guy I was working with had this look on his face, like he couldn't believe I did that?.....
Then I see the sign.....
"Non potable water, reclaimed irrigation, do not drink"

I was sick for a week.....Like bad sick.... can't really believe I survived it.
To this day, I blame my ex.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back around 1978, I was in Daharan Saudi Arabia. the temps were 138 daily and of course we were within 10 miles or so of the Gulf of Arabia so the humidity was miserable. 1st day, the potable water was totally nasty and no one could drink a whole cup with out spitting it out. However, by the third day, it was the best thing ever! it is amazing as to what you can get used to when necessary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions