Coin display cases

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like some plans to build my own. But someone out there has to build them. I may check the local flea markets and see if anyone has any they are not using.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 years ago I threw away 4 or 5 spoon display cases....kick myself now, they'd be good for displaying just about anything

e2fe2ed8f7abb6b93c221d5137f5e2c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending upon what you were planning on putting out and how they were to be displayed. If being laid flat, could use a shallow shadow box with hinged lid and lock and cut thin, open cell (or possibly closed cell) foam and wrap with velvet cloth of a color that would show off the coins, tokens, etc. the best. Maybe deep red or black for silver coins or white for copper, etc. and just fill them where you want them and trap between the velvet/foam and the top glass of the box and lock to hold in place. If tipped up or turned vertically, they may all slide to the bottom. The only way to stop that might be cutting out slots and pressing them in using some sort of flocked or similarly treated cardboard or artboard to hold the items in place. That would mean cutting a place for each one. Could be fun or work, depends on how you look at it. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing. Note, My uncle did something like this with my Grandfathers' Army medals. Unfortunately the display has gone missing since his death so no idea who has it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
good answers so far. Google "shadow boxes". You can by the stiff-cardboard and glass types at hobby and craft shops. Or buy @ various on-line catalog stores. And I believe kellyco sells a variety of them.

And for cabinets to put those shadow boxes into, search for blueprint cabinets. They are very shallow pull-out drawer cabinets. But are often primo-quality . And you can often find them cheap on the used market. Since nowadays everything has become digital, contractors need less and less space to store old-finished project blueprints. They store them electronically now, and only have the cabinets for projects going on at the present or-so. Thus you can sometimes pick up the cabinets for cheap @ craigslist or whatever.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why dont I get emails when folks have replied. I have a bunch of folks to say thanks too now. That is great input. I like ol BigWaveDave case. But research is fun too.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsdigger, that is great info. I have used royal red before and liked it. I found some artist trays that will be great. I love building stuff. I found a small mini lathe online Im gonna shoot fir with my detecting finds this year.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some disply inserts for 2 bucks. I will have to dig the add out.

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ikea has a coffee table with a pull out drawers that its contents are visible through the glass top.

Berton

May 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can recommend this one. It is very useful for collection of different countries or times....
b192c19cc5cb0d6ff6092718b244dc14.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread