Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few days ago, I discovered that my "perfect" program for my deus that I had created last year was not picking up the fine gold or smaller pieces that my AT GOLD hammered on. I am electronically challenged now due to past strokes and such and so I also have some short term memory "challenges". In other words, if I don't do something very regular like once a week or more, I tend to forget it. Anyways, I was going to post this several days ago but we totally lost our internet services around here for a couple of days. So I got the Deus Handbook out and tried to remember what I had forgotten. I managed to get it to do better on a 10kt gold necklace that it wouldn't pick up on most of the programs already installed. I am using the 3.2 Version which I like. I was just curious if some of you park hunters could give me any advice on my settings. here in western Arkansas, I don't see myself finding very many coppers like you eastern guys get to find so I am primarily hitting the parks with the occasional home thrown in. I thank you for your time and reading this and all help will be deeply appreciated.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are interested in digging small gold, I recommend you pick the highest frequency.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, and silencer on -1 would probably help you find those thin gold chains.

If you can afford it, the upcoming HF elliptical coil cranks out about 80kHz! -or- you could save $100 by buying two Tesoro Compadres with the 5.75" coil and just swing one in each hand. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread