Garret AT Pro for 350.......

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a AT Pro so I can go with my son to hunt.I got it on Let Go for 350 its a 2016.Only a few scratches on bottom of coil.I wanted to know if its a good deal and how long did it take to get good with your same detector?
Even came with original batteries.Says it was used twice and I believe it.Thank you for your time.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is a great price, close to $600 at a minimum when new. I have only used that model for a short while but have tried many others. Best way to figure out how to use any new detector is to read the manual thoroughly and then find a sand or woodchip playground to try it out. There are usually coins to be found, digging is easy and no damage done while you learn to pinpoint your target. Great machine, have fun with it.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great price on a very good machine. It'll do its part if you'll do yours.

OP
OP
C

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reading and rereading it.I wish to use it to its fullest.Thanks all.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good deal, so be happy with that.

You said that there were a few scratches on the coil, I hope you meant coil cover?

If you actually meant coil, then I would spend an additional $15.00 or so and get a cover.

You don't lose any depth, and it saves the coil from getting ruined.

Skip all the modes on that machine and start learning the Pro Mode Zero.

When I first got mine I just used the Standard Coin Mode, and yes I found coins, but not as many as I did in the Pro Zero.

I also found more gold and silver in the Pro Zero.

There are lots of videos on how to use that machine, but I would suggest going to Garrett's website and watching their videos first.

Good Luck.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good deal for sure. Paid over $700.00 for a two coil package. My thoughts on the learning process depends on what you want to dig. A trashy park is not the place to start off if your new to the hobby. I actually bought one for my son, and ended up using it more myself. Coming from a F75 it was easy to tweak and find the good stuff. I dont use coin mode, just dont care for the bell sound, but some folks like that. Pro Cust Zero will usually save your settings. I would set a ground balance a lil lower than what the machine gives you. I run a disc of 29 just because I have a lot of foil, but gold rings still ring pretty good. I also dont use the stock coil, the at pro is very sensitive and the coil will just sound off too much. The 5x8 coil seems to be worth the money, I have no complaints. I also dont notch anything out, dont mind hearing the trash, just not all at once with the large coil. Try to keep your coil level with the ground. Swing speed is not too important but a slow swing is required around large metal. Ok, starting to sound like a Andy S. book here, just get out and swing.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good deal for sure. Paid over $700.00 for a two coil package. My thoughts on the learning process depends on what you want to dig. A trashy park is not the place to start off if your new to the hobby. I actually bought one for my son, and ended up using it more myself. Coming from a F75 it was easy to tweak and find the good stuff. I dont use coin mode, just dont care for the bell sound, but some folks like that. Pro Cust Zero will usually save your settings. I would set a ground balance a lil lower than what the machine gives you. I run a disc of 29 just because I have a lot of foil, but gold rings still ring pretty good. I also dont use the stock coil, the at pro is very sensitive and the coil will just sound off too much. The 5x8 coil seems to be worth the money, I have no complaints. I also dont notch anything out, dont mind hearing the trash, just not all at once with the large coil. Try to keep your coil level with the ground. Swing speed is not too important but a slow swing is required around large metal. Ok, starting to sound like a Andy S. book here, just get out and swing.

I switched to the CTX 3030 before trying out the 5x8, but I hear its a killer coil.

I still have my Pro, but may still get the 5x8 later this year.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second pro zero mode.

pro mode does NOT mean 'professional'. It means proportional audio, and is a great great feature.

OP
OP
C

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's great advice guys.And it does not have a coil cover.Thanks for that tip.Swinging is in my future now I have to break it to the wife..................Get your minds out of the gutter boys.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since it is now a two owner used machine, I will offer you $250.00???

Great deal on that machine! you will enjoy it immensely. Get a coil cover and swing away.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, pretty decent purchase price for a very capable machine.
Coil covers are a must. They are an insurance policy.
I second the suggestion that you hunt in the Pro Zero mode. I would also suggest that you think about purchasing a 5 x 8 coil. Especially if you hunt in trashy areas. Get some new batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread