Closed on New House Today! Tons of New Photos!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was also able to sit down with the current owners and talk for a bit after the closing. They told me about the area and the history of the house. Apparently the neighbors nearby are super nice, always willing to help out on a project and will bring over apple pies. They also told me where I could get a copy of the original early 1770's deed of the house. According the people who live there now, in the barn on one of the top beams one of the eight children who lived there in the 1850's practiced the alphabet with a pencil. You can still faintly read the ABCs and the year 1850 written there. The barn was built there in the early 1800's, completely out of claimed material from a couple other barns that were torn down (the lumber is full of rose-head nails of various sizes). We can't move in until June because the house that the people bought needs a lot of work to make it live-able, they are paying rent for a month until we can move in. At least now it is official though, my family owns the house.
:occasion14:
Anyways, Here are the photos!
IMG_20170518_190847.jpg IMG_20170518_191646.jpg IMG_20170518_190806_1.jpg IMG_20170518_184802.jpg IMG_20170518_185112.jpg IMG_20170518_185152.jpg IMG_20170518_185212.jpg IMG_20170518_185326.jpg IMG_20170518_185333.jpg IMG_20170518_185345.jpg IMG_20170518_185413.jpg IMG_20170518_190730.jpg IMG_20170518_191736.jpg IMG_20170518_185034.jpg houseee.png

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
coinman
Your new home is beautiful !
I hope your do some big living in there !
Congratulations to you and your family !
Gary

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would be so anxious to detect, I wouldn't have time for pictures. But thanks for thinking of us.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I would be so anxious to detect, I wouldn't have time for pictures. But thanks for thinking of us.

I am definitely looking forward to being able to metal detect there, I am expecting a lot of trash though. My current house built in the late 1800's had an unbelievable amount of trash in the yard, though it is only a quarter acre. There are also a ton of woods behind the house that we bought, I am not sure who owns it, but it wouldn't hurt to try and metal detect in it a little. Also, The son of the man who lived there in the 1850's was the leading coin collector/dealer in town, and even wrote in The Numismatist in the early 1900's. There is a chance he could have even lived there when he was an adult. Perhaps he even collected when he was a child living there, and dropped some coins from his collection. During the week I am going to the deed office to trace the deed, it won't let me look at the deeds for the county online.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't wait to move. The new next door neighbors are rude and have five big dogs that keep trying to get into my yard to get to my goats. They are also quite rude at times. The neighbors across the street have a giant yard sale every weekend with signs all over town. Close to twenty tables, I am guessing they buy stuff during the week and resell over the weekend, not wanting to spend money on a spot at the local flea market. This wouldn't be a problem if the people at the yard sale didn't park in my family's driveway or in the middle of the road in front of my house, it is sometimes impossible to leave the parking lot. The yard sale doesn't have much good stuff, mainly just clothes and furniture. Today I counted fifteen people shopping there at once at one time, and yesterday a little more. The people from the motorcycle club next door are normally very nice, but there are a few jerks who throw their trash and pizza crusts in my yard, and will get drunk and randomly start yelling stuff to me or family in the yard. I can't wait to move to a less crowded area, at the new house there are way less people on the street, I counted two cars drive down it in half an hour. If you walk down the road you will see a lake (named after a man who lived in my house in the early 1800's, who fought in the Revolutionary War), you will also see a large amount of woods and rivers. If you go down a little father, maybe a half mile or so, you will find a farm, open to the public, with a huge amount of public trails and fields to hike in. There are also a lot of pretty farm houses built in the 1700's with horses or cows.

They also changed the law last year at my current town, no livestock are allowed, including goats, sheep, horses, cows, pigs, and only up to six chickens. We got our first four goats before the law was effective, then two more without knowing about the law a few months after the law was effective.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions