Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I've a Garrett AT Pro and will "hunt" for a German Tiger Tank in Hungary. I actually know the location where the tank sank. Later, covered the whole area with dirt. It's right behind a house just outside the village. Can a Garrett able to locate it? Can anyone advice me?
We had a guy on here dig up a tank one time some years back. If the machine does not give you a hit I would use a long metal probe with a handle on it. It will tell you if the soil has been disturbed and if long enough will bump the metal/ Keep us updates

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just about any detector would locate such a large mass of metal, some would overload.

You say it is in a swamp, but then covered with dirt, which is kind of confusing. If you need a waterproof detector then yes get the AT, if not use an ace 250. I located a sewer trap about 1' square 2 ft underground, I was able to precisely pinpoint its outline. No telling what the detection range of a tank would be.

There are all sorts of tank pulled from swamp videos on youtube, would suggest contacting one of those guys.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions