Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Paid $ Seeded Relic hunts ? Can they be a Sham?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    I been to a coins and tokens hunt over 30 years ago. Fun, but, not worth the money that I had spend.
    I know people who have gone on paid hunts for Civil War relics and spent a small fortune on specialized equipment, transportation costs, food, lodging, etc. just to find a bullet or two. But, they seem to have a great time chasing their dream find, and do it time and time again. All entertainment has a price, and some entertainment is more expensive than others. If a detectorist's success was determined by the value of their finds as compared to the amount spent of finding them, almost all of us would be failures.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6253 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    I know people who have gone on paid hunts for Civil War relics and spent a small fortune on specialized equipment, transportation costs, food, lodging, etc. just to find a bullet or two. But, they seem to have a great time chasing their dream find, and do it time and time again. All entertainment has a price, and some entertainment is more expensive than others. If a detectorist's success was determined by the value of their finds as compared to the amount spent of finding them, almost all of us would be failures.
    Yea a DIV or that type of hunt would be fun to try just for the location change and the Experience.

Guess I expect to much & whats advertised to be at-least 98% True.

Toe Twell
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16967 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Heck I gladly drive 1000 miles round trip to hunt with my friends on the East coast. It's not all about the finds, but the camaraderie. I do have a better chance of finding colonial relics and coinage in the original 13 colonies, more so than here in Ohio. I have met some wonderful people through Tnet and plan on meeting and hunting with more in the future.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17440 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I did a seeded hunt in the mid 80's in SE Michigan. Pretty aggressive crowd - I'd expected to make some hunting buddies there, but it wasn't what I expected - and it was very crowded.

Seemed like a good way to make friends though....
    Loco-Digger, Davers and dsdigger like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    21538 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I actually will go to about 3 a year which are held at beaches by clubs. ALL the coins and tokens put down are "seeded". I have found native jewelry and coins at the hunt site. I do not consider these organized competitions as seeded at all. You pay an entry fee, show up, then dash off like mad in a friendly competition to get as much stuff as quick as possible. I haven't experienced anything that could be called deception.

These things are fun, but they are what they are. Entertainment and competition you pay for. I always get stuff, most of which I don't need anyway, get to meet people and have a fun time.

It's not how fast you detect, it's how well you detect fast, to coin a commercial.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    I did a seeded hunt in the mid 80's in SE Michigan. Pretty aggressive crowd - I'd expected to make some hunting buddies there, but it wasn't what I expected - and it was very crowded.

Seemed like a good way to make friends though....
    I have done these type of hunts in the past & expected to meet people & (Maybe) some new hunting areas.
    I must be Ugly or Goofy looking cause for the most part guys seem to have 'Clicks' of 1 or 3 guys that keep to themselves.

When I make conversation it's real short, or people act as if i'm bothering them.

There aint many CW relics left in these parts ( or most places) Or old coins for that matter so 'rightfully so I suppose' hunters protect their sites more than their Wives. lol + lot's of New Hunters since the TV shows but that's Cool.

You just can not find what's been found or was never there, I love the new people with the 'Relic Gleem ' in their eye.
    but
    back to Seeded hunts ...It is like a 'free for all' add heat & humidity ...Not much fun..

I have to face it most CW areas are protected (for good reasons) , built over, Hunted SUPER Hard & as My buddy 'parsonwalker' once said "the is only a finite number of CW relics out there ,then their gone" this is the case for the most part.

Ill find a good hunting Buddy someday , As my best one Passed on in 2015 R.I.P. Don McMichael but until then I enjoy hunting alone.
    Happy hunting to everyone.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links