Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Paid $ Seeded Relic hunts ? Can they be a Sham?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Paid $ Seeded Relic hunts ? 'Can they be a Sham'?

Or be worth it?

Where people drive long distances , and prizes are misrepresented ./

Just some thought from others Please?

P.S. I have come to the conclusion "Sham" is to harsh a word for this post.

I likely should have said something to the effect of "Not what their Cracked up to be".
    Last edited by Davers; May 21, 2017 at 05:00 PM. Reason: wrong word imo.
    Honest Samuel and cammobunker like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3559 times
    I could see where newbs would enjoy a seeded hunt...I wouldnt waste my time on them unless I was with someone that was a newb. the whole thrill of the hunt is being able to find or unearth something that only YOU have seen in years....at least thats my opinion

I have done seeded hunts in the past, but mainly for competition. They were great fun!
    It's also amusing when you make a find during these hunts that wasn't one of the "seeds."
    Just another form of entertainment in my book, and I always had fun, especially when my kids participated.
    sprailroad, diggummup and Davers like this.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6242 times
    Very true ... If I were new or with someone new 'Cool'.

As creskol stated if my Son would hunt that would be ULTRA cool.

He is 9 and wants 'instant Gratification' but still hope he takes to the hobby in the future, I won't force him tho.

There are lot's I left out , Don't wanna hurt any feelings .

I was just doing 'math' in my head & Stats from other hunters & something don't add up.

I may be wrong tho , as I believe most Seeded hunts are Great.

Thing are sometimes 'not as advertised or or written in a way that is true but deceiving.'

Just ranting.
    Thanks for the reply's.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    and prizes are misrepresented ./

What do you mean by "prizes are misrepresented"? Seeded hunts are what they are. There are no secrets involved, not supposed to be anyway.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    What do you mean by "prizes are misrepresented"? Seeded hunts are what they are. There are no secrets involved, not supposed to be anyway.

Yes , but the statements of prizes are true but written in a way where a possible hunter, thinks there is more to be found than there really is.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16966 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I am not interested in a seeded hunt just like I would not pay to fish in a stocked pond nor do a canned deer hunt. Where's the fun in that? I have paid to hunt on an Old site from the 1700's, but also had a chance to meet many of my friends from Tnet and other MD celebrities (non from TV) who also hunted there that weekend. It was a fund raising hunt for a historical society. Nothing seeded at that site, but they did have many vendors present and gave away many detectors and other hobby related gear and items.

I could see that a seeded hunt might be something to do as a father and son/s adventure though, knowing how short some kids attention spans are. This would be a great chance for them to hone there skills and to enjoy in their Dad's hobby and create memories that will last a life time.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    I can see it for kids, but the 2 that I attended as an observer showed me that it isnt something I would enjoy. But to each his own.
    As to misrepresentation, if you ever see it, post it everywhere with evidence of what was advertised vs what actually happened and let the Internet have its way.
    Davers likes this.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    I am not interested in a seeded hunt just like I would not pay to fish in a stocked pond nor do a canned deer hunt. Where's the fun in that? I have paid to hunt on an Old site from the 1700's, but also had a chance to meet many of my friends from Tnet and other MD celebrities (non from TV) who also hunted there that weekend. It was a fund raising hunt for a historical society. Nothing seeded at that site, but they did have many vendors present and gave away many detectors and other hobby related gear and items.

I could see that a seeded hunt might be something to do as a father and son/s adventure though, knowing how short some kids attention spans are. This would be a great chance for them to hone there skills and to enjoy in their Dad's hobby and create memories that will last a life time.
    The Question was posted "any Native relics possible" Answer 'yes there was movements in the area , things (Relics) have popped up in the past. So a true statement , yes , but I heard of none being found in many hours. Much SGB but that's to be expected.

Yes I would pay to hunt a site as you describe it.
    GL LD
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampFerguson/TN View Post
    I can see it for kids, but the 2 that I attended as an observer showed me that it isnt something I would enjoy. But to each his own.
    As to misrepresentation, if you ever see it, post it everywhere with evidence of what was advertised vs what actually happened and let the Internet have its way.
    Very well stated.
    I'm gonna wait to talk to others & get ( for Sure ) positive Evidence things may have been 'Slick Talked' ..
    Yes To each his own & We live & we learn.
    Good Day
    ChampFerguson/TN likes this.

Davers

Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post

I don't even know if they do seeded competition hunts anymore or not, but the ones I participated in were and absolute hoot! The hunts were usually timed, and you weren't hunting to keep the targets you found, but rather for points or quantity. I won some mighty nice prizes in these events, and had a blast in doing so. If I were years younger and in good physical condition, I wouldn't think twice about participating in one if the opportunity arose.
    diggummup, Loco-Digger and Davers like this.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

us
    Bill Jones

May 2007
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Multiple Tesoros and Whites
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    I attend 2 seeded hunts each year that are fund raisers for 2 different clubs. Participants get to keep all the coins they find and some coins are painted as prize tokens. Considering that I have won 3 gold coins, multiple silver rounds, multiple detecting tools and 4 detectors over the years along with rubbing elbows with many treasure hunters I feel the hunts have definitely been worth my time and expense. I haven't seen anything that would make me question the honesty or promotion of these two hunts.
    luvsdux
    Last edited by luvsdux; May 21, 2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: forgot to sign

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    I don't even know if they do seeded competition hunts anymore or not, but the ones I participated in were and absolute hoot! The hunts were usually timed, and you weren't hunting to keep the targets you found, but rather for points or quantity. I won some mighty nice prizes in these events, and had a blast in doing so. If I were years younger and in good physical condition, I wouldn't think twice about participating in one if the opportunity arose.
    That's kinda the way the Local Club does it , "# marked Cent's" 2-3 hour hunt 4-500 prizes .
    A good time , Got some of my best relics that way .
    creskol likes this.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsdux View Post
    I attend 2 seeded hunts each year that are fund raisers for 2 different clubs. Participants get to keep all the coins they find and some coins are painted as prize tokens. Considering that I have won 3 gold coins, multiple silver rounds, multiple detecting tools and 4 detectors over the years along with rubbing elbows with many treasure hunters I feel the hunts have definitely been worth my time and expense. I haven't seen anything that would make me question the honesty or promotion of these two hunts.
    luvsdux
    They sound like Great hunts.

Davers

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2933 times
    I been to a coins and tokens hunt over 30 years ago. Fun, but, not worth the money that I had spend.
    Davers likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links