I found my Brunton!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang Terry - you had me hit Google to understand what you said! :laughing7:

Brunton 5010GEO
tn_brunton.gif

Strike and Dip
Strike is the direction of the fault, or vein, across the ground surface. Dip is the angle the vein goes into the earth, from horizontal...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Navy. Very expensive little bugger. I'm a map guy. The Geo is a little overkill, like a Shelby GT instead of a Pinto.
Where in Brevard County? I owned a house in Port Saint John then on my sailboat at Titusville. TTC

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought mine from the factory in 1975. Its seen service from TN to AK to all over the west. Still works as good as new.
Terry, you a geo?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought mine from the factory in 1975. Its seen service from TN to AK to all over the west. Still works as good as new.
Terry, you a geo?
No Champ, no geologist, if that's what you're asking. Just a map guy who prides himself as one who cannot get lost "out there". But I did find myself "confused" once. TTC

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
TerryC - We have a place in Cape Canaveral which is about 15 miles away from Port Saint John. Small world!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector.gif
TerryC - We have a place in Cape Canaveral which is about 15 miles away from Port Saint John. Small world!

I worked from 2002 to 2007 at the Kennedy Space Center/CC Air Force Station. I was one of the security/police guys. High point was qualifying with the H&K MP5 sub-gun. SWEET! I was working the day the Columbia fell from the sky. TTC

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No Champ, no geologist, if that's what you're asking. Just a map guy who prides himself as one who cannot get lost "out there". But I did find myself "confused" once. TTC

Its rare to meet someone who knows strike and dip that isn't a geologist of some flavor is why I asked.
And yes, theres a Tremendous difference in being Lost vs being Momentarily Confused or disoriented.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its rare to meet someone who knows strike and dip that isn't a geologist of some flavor is why I asked.
And yes, theres a Tremendous difference in being Lost vs being Momentarily Confused or disoriented.
The GEO is a natural progression.... or should be for those that chase color. Geology is something that will help in that pursuit. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions