The new 2017 Lady Liberty. Say what?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why get rid of a perfectly spendable dollar?!?

I believe it's the principal of the matter. They, the bankers and corrupt politicians, stole our REAL money-silver & gold, and have been giving us this tin crap garbage in return and even with hideous designs as an additional slap in the face. I probably won't be tossing these coins in the trash but, I sure as heck don't give them ANY esteem either. It's your prerogative to agree or not with my opinion. I think we still have that much freedom in America today.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it's the principal of the matter. They, the bankers and corrupt politicians, stole our REAL money-silver & gold, and have been giving us this tin crap garbage in return and even with hideous designs as an additional slap in the face. I probably won't be tossing these coins in the trash but, I sure as heck don't give them ANY esteem either. It's your prerogative to agree or not with my opinion. I think we still have that much freedom in America today.

That is part of what makes America great, freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-347.JPG freedom of choice. Gotta luv it. Thats why I choose to give those corupt bankers and politicans the cheap rotten clad that I dig up, and turn it back to silver. 2 rolls for I bar with change leftover. Used the same analogy in another thread today. Begone ugly coins and rotten clad hello genuine silver. Dont even care whats on the bars just give me the best deal. Mix in the really badly corroded clad and really stick it to the man.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1455601 freedom of choice. Gotta luv it. Thats why I choose to give those corupt bankers and politicans the cheap rotten clad that I dig up, and turn it back to silver. 2 rolls for I bar with change leftover. Used the same analogy in another thread today. Begone ugly coins and rotten clad hello genuine silver. Dont even care whats on the bars just give me the best deal. Mix in the really badly corroded clad and really stick it to the man.

That's what I do too. At the end of the year, I total up my clad and buy junk silver coins with that amount. Its the principle of the thing.

trainer

Feb 13, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
is'nt there a coin that is called an ugly head ? This might be the next one worth buying !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about this gold coin being damnable ugly. It is giving the hideous Susan B. Anthony dollar a run for the money as most grotesque US coin ever minted. I've recovered a few Susan B. Anthony dollar coins and I was almost temped to throw it into my trash pouch. Yuck ! View attachment 1455534

Yeah who wants to see Aunt B on a coin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quote from the usmint... If we’re going to keep on depicting liberty as a woman, she ought to reflect the appearance of America’s actual women, not the tired, racist beauty standard embraced by our Founding Fathers.

So now the "old" Lady Liberty is a tired racist. Don't mind that cheap crackhead ghetto looking chickenhead on the new coin. That's the new normal everyday woman of America, and IT'S GORGEOUS! Ask them, they'll tell you. lol. Talk at ya later, I gotta go puke now...
A new commemorative coin depicts Lady Liberty as a black woman, and it?s gorgeous.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a quote from the usmint... If we’re going to keep on depicting liberty as a woman, she ought to reflect the appearance of America’s actual women, not the tired, racist beauty standard embraced by our Founding Fathers.

So now the "old" Lady Liberty is a tired racist. Don't mind that cheap crackhead ghetto looking chickenhead on the new coin. That's the new normal everyday woman of America, and IT'S GORGEOUS! Ask them, they'll tell you. lol. Talk at ya later, I gotta go puke now...
A new commemorative coin depicts Lady Liberty as a black woman, and it?s gorgeous.

She looks mad.....surprised?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
...ya betta bring a bucket ...

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
why do people care so much honestly, it's a commemorative $100 piece aka it's collector's edition only. it's literally not even spendable, so it won't be on your bill or coin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why do people care so much honestly, it's a commemorative $100 piece aka it's collector's edition only. it's literally not even spendable, so it won't be on your bill or coin.

That's not what they're saying. Then call me a Traditionalist.

"It would be easy to dismiss the coin as meaningless: The U.S. Mint’s insistence on representing freedom with a fictional “lady” is anachronistic at best and troubling at worst, and commemorative coins aren’t exactly the beating heart of popular culture. Even so, the new Lady Liberty coin feels like an enormous symbolic step, somehow both urgent and long overdue. If we’re going to keep on depicting liberty as a woman, she ought to reflect the appearance of America’s actual women, not the tired, racist beauty standard embraced by our Founding Fathers."

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the man said, THIS is Lady Liberty:

crown.jpg

(yeah, I know, Thank You France)

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love that patina.

Don't clean her.......you'll mess up the value.
:laughing7:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Lord Almighty. :icon_scratch:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not what they're saying. Then call me a Traditionalist.

"It would be easy to dismiss the coin as meaningless: The U.S. Mint’s insistence on representing freedom with a fictional “lady” is anachronistic at best and troubling at worst, and commemorative coins aren’t exactly the beating heart of popular culture. Even so, the new Lady Liberty coin feels like an enormous symbolic step, somehow both urgent and long overdue. If we’re going to keep on depicting liberty as a woman, she ought to reflect the appearance of America’s actual women, not the tired, racist beauty standard embraced by our Founding Fathers."

the "Founding Fathers." were closer to knowing what Lady Liberty Looked like
after France gave the U.S. the Statue of Liberty in 1886.
They created it from what Liberty should look like.
The Statue of Liberty is a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess. https://www.google.com/search?q=Lib...Nj5TUAhVDzSYKHVxzDKUQ_AUICigB&biw=836&bih=533
Not a Human Being of Any particular Race.

liberty-and-franklin.jpg

although I've seen uglier Depictions on Coins. imo This $100.00 Coin is the most Racist thing they pulled off so Far.
Changing a Roman Goddess to a depiction of a black woman.

1000 years from now.
will they be allowed to depict oprah as a white Tranny ?

That's the last I'll say on it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread