Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better get used to it, boys. Here's a write-up pertaining to the future releases of this coin:

"The gold coin introduces a new biennial design series where Liberty reflects the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States. Forthcoming coins will show Lady Liberty portrayed as an Asian-American, Hispanic-American, and Indian-American among others, according to the U.S. Mint.

2017 $100 American Liberty Gold Coin Photos | Coin News

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you suppose that makes the Italians feel, changing tradition to mock their history?

??????????? Don't know how to respond to that one...

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a detectorists standpoint I just hope they come up with a $1 coin that actually circulates and gets lost on a regular basis. A $2 or $5 coin would be nice also. I have had several people show me their stashes of $1 GOLD Sacagawea and Presidential coins they WISELY had put back for a wealthy retirement as with all that GOLD they know they will be filthy rich. It was pointless to try and persuade them that they were just a base metal with a slight gold wash on the surface, hence some people hoard them, and they don't circulate and get lost where we could recover them. At $5 a pop maybe they wouldn't hoard them, and our Treasury Dept., could save printing all the paper money with a more durable metal coin that would actually circulate and end up coming home to Papa.

Keeping my fingers crossed, LOL.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a detectorists standpoint I just hope they come up with a $1 coin that actually circulates and gets lost on a regular basis. A $2 or $5 coin would be nice also. I have had several people show me their stashes of $1 GOLD Sacagawea and Presidential coins they WISELY had put back for a wealthy retirement as with all that GOLD they know they will be filthy rich. It was pointless to try and persuade them that they were just a base metal with a slight gold wash on the surface, hence some people hoard them, and they don't circulate and get lost where we could recover them. At $5 a pop maybe they wouldn't hoard them, and our Treasury Dept., could save printing all the paper money with a more durable metal coin that would actually circulate and end up coming home to Papa.

Keeping my fingers crossed, LOL.

I once bought 50 Sacagawea coins from a guy for $40. I just smiled and gave him two 20 dollar bills.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found one Sacagawea dollar coin in 4 years of detecting and one of those ugly Susan B. Anthony dollars in that time period as well.

Can't find them if no one carries them in their pockets in the first place...

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better get used to it, boys. Here's a write-up pertaining to the future releases of this coin:

"The gold coin introduces a new biennial design series where Liberty reflects the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States. Forthcoming coins will show Lady Liberty portrayed as an Asian-American, Hispanic-American, and Indian-American among others, according to the U.S. Mint.

Cool.

I'm gonna get me that Asian George Washington with dreadlocks and a turban.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't liked ANY of the US Mint's coins in the last 10 years or more. The quarters started the rush and now it seems like it's hey, what can we think of next? down there. I liked the 2016 Mercury "Dime", but don't have one. The rest of them, sorry, look like art projects. And gender and race have absolutely nothing to do with it. Jefferson got a face lift, the buff got
bigger and poor old George Washington always has to look behind him to see who's coming anymore. Does it have to be something new every year? And that baseball coin....please. When I go digging and get a quarter, if it's tails first, I first have to see if it's a US coin or not.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I don't have to get use to it, I just won't buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, I won't buy it either. Could get older US, Canadian or Pandas any time I had any extra money. If I get any extra money and collected gold coins, which I do not.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't liked ANY of the US Mint's coins in the last 10 years or more. The quarters started the rush and now it seems like it's hey, what can we think of next? down there. I liked the 2016 Mercury "Dime", but don't have one. The rest of them, sorry, look like art projects. And gender and race have absolutely nothing to do with it. Jefferson got a face lift, the buff got
bigger and poor old George Washington always has to look behind him to see who's coming anymore. Does it have to be something new every year? And that baseball coin....please. When I go digging and get a quarter, if it's tails first, I first have to see if it's a US coin or not.

I must admit I bought the Standing Liberty Quarter , Liberty Dime and the Buffalo Indian Gold coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Just remove all the faces and replace with a large number to represent denomination.

There needs to be a push to redesign the national symbol from an eagle into something else....perhaps a raven.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
National symbol should be a turkey. To truly represent Washington, DC. Oh, wait, Ben Franklin wanted that symbol INSTEAD of the eagle. Silly me.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remove all the faces and replace with a large number to represent denomination.

There needs to be a push to redesign the national symbol from an eagle into something else....perhaps a raven.

Ben Franklin made a strong argument for the wild turkey as the national symbol.

We could keep the eagle, just change "In God we trvst" to "All hail the Government eagle"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions