Stalking the Coinstar Machine, and Pouncing!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the supermarket with my honey, checked the Coinstar (empty), and went to customer service to check my Mega-ball ticket - "Sorry, not a Winner." As I'm about to walk back to the car and sulk, I hear someone pouring coins into the Coinstar.

I eased around the cut flowers, keeping the birthday, anniversary, and get well soon balloons between me and my prey as I listened carefully for the distinctive "tink, tink" of coins hitting the reject tray. I could see him now, 5'9", 165lbs, with a sports carry bag that was unzipped on the floor beside him holding at least four more mayonnaise jars full of coins!

CUE "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" MUSIC HERE

Now I was actively stalking my prey, focusing on his eyes, body language, and body movement. I glided silently in among the potted plants, organic fruits and nuts, never losing sight of the reject tray. Finally, I heard the payoff I was hoping for, "Tink, tink, tink-tink-tink!" I looked nervously at my watch. Would I have time to complete this mission before my sweetheart was finished shopping?

I stood frozen, becoming one with my surroundings as he unscrewed the top of the last jar. Time seemed to slow down as he began pouring in the last of his coins, almost as though I could hear individual coins dropping into the counter. I knew my cutie pie was checking out and that my operational window was closing.

To my horror, the target reached into the reject tray, putting its contents through the counter one more time. Now, with my bunny walking toward the target with groceries in hand, and hoping against hope I would hear another “tink” the target would walk away from, I pounced.

I got to my sweetie, taking the bags from her, just as the target reached into the reject tray again. I said, “Did you get any rejects?” He said he had three. I asked if I could see them, as I am a collector. He had an English 2-Pence, a Canadian Quarter, and this silver Washington. I offered him a dollar for it. He asked if it was silver, I said yes, then he gave me all three coins for the buck!
My gal was impressed. 8-)

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_140117.jpg
    IMG_20170527_140117.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20170527_140210.jpg
    IMG_20170527_140210.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 58

tracker_usmc

Oct 4, 2011
Lincoln,CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A well told story to go with your find! This is the first post that actually had me lol!!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice great story a little better coin I would have went banner.ps has there ever been a banner coinstar find.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
A good bedtime story Terry, except after reading it I am no longer sleepy. Thanks

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I actually found something worthwhile in the tray today too. Someone left a lone 1950 D Rosie dime in there, and I just had to take it home so it wasn't lonely.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day is a holiday Terry. Good job.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Danged Terry, great job!

Remind me to never P you off! There'd be a price to pay :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions