Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I'm metal detecting today not finding anything in the woods then I stumble upon a trash pit with all these old bottles. How do you leave them? Next question is how do I let my wife know that I have to start collecting bottles now? As you see I have to leave them on the side of the house where she never goes. IMG_0408.JPG IMG_0409.JPG

And after a hard day of hunting I had to treat myself IMG_0407.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude...... you just caught the bug. Yup.... thats how it starts !! Treasure comes in many forms, and the right bottles are definitely treasure. I know a guy that actually traded a gold ring from one of the galleons here in the keys for an intact galleon bottle. Turns out that an intact bottle from one of these wrecks is rarer than a gold ring from one of these wrecks. Anyway think of it as another form of treasure hunting. I see some bleach bottles a milk, an apothecary bottle, and at least 1 or 2 liquor bottles. Welcome to the club it can be pretty fun bottle hunting.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next youll be building shelves in your man cave for bottles.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next youll be building shelves in your man cave for bottles.

You're not going to believe this but she's already requested it, because she said it's starting to spread all over the house. The kitchen already has one glass of lemon juice, one glass of hydrogen peroxide, one glass of vinegar, one glass of olive oil ........ this hobby is spreading like wildfire in my household. She's already looking for a vintage office desk for me and a rustic wooden frame for my Rebel flag. True story

Here my American Flag in the bedroom IMG_0411.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude...... you just caught the bug. Yup.... thats how it starts !! Treasure comes in many forms, and the right bottles are definitely treasure. I know a guy that actually traded a gold ring from one of the galleons here in the keys for an intact galleon bottle. Turns out that an intact bottle from one of these wrecks is rarer than a gold ring from one of these wrecks. Anyway think of it as another form of treasure hunting. I see some bleach bottles a milk, an apothecary bottle, and at least 1 or 2 liquor bottles. Welcome to the club it can be pretty fun bottle hunting.

And you know that makes total sense when you think about it.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes wife ,but she's cool I have my areas of the house I can rotate my stock through.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to buy another house like I did just for your stuff......but heed my warning. "never let your wife find out about your stuff because then she starts wanting pieces of it"

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice plate of food

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
tell her you are in Trumps America and she will get used to it! Make certain you say Woman a few times --- that let's her know your in charge!

Rocklander

Mar 16, 2013
Rockland, Venango County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace350, Garrett AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are mostly on shelves in the garage. But my oldest and local historic ones my wife lets me put on top of the cabinets in the kitchen to display.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey are is dates usually on the bottom of the bottle the last 2 digits? If not what's the best way on dating them? I like the small ones for holding my marbles. upload1496010061.085733.jpg

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not going to believe this but she's already requested it, because she said it's starting to spread all over the house. The kitchen already has one glass of lemon juice, one glass of hydrogen peroxide, one glass of vinegar, one glass of olive oil ........ this hobby is spreading like wildfire in my household. She's already looking for a vintage office desk for me and a rustic wooden frame for my Rebel flag. True story

Here my American Flag in the bedroom View attachment 1455892
Hmmm.... Won't ask about those glasses.... Kinky is good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread