Pot Grow Markings While Treasure Hunting?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it were around here I'd figure they are going to Clear Cut.
There is always someone selling their Trees.

also do they do controlled burns there ?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can pretty much assure you they're not marking Mexican cartel grows. They try not to advertise locations. Probably not domestic, either, and probably not anything at all related to a marijuana grow. Most likely something from forest service, or state or county. For paranoia, if you stumble onto a cartel grow, which we have from time to time up here, they will have you scoped in before you're ever aware of it, if the guards are doing their job. Luckily, the paisanos the cartel puts in charge don't really have their hearts in it. So they will pretty much just run like h*ll, especially if they think it's LEO's.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember how I was trying to locate remains of a turn of the century Camp. There was approximately,
100 campsites with wooden platforms on top of 12 inch piles that were driven into the forest floor. The camp was shut down in the 1930's. The woods were thick with brush. When I finally found a few of the piles, I started to notice signs of camping equipment and trash. It was probably a half mile off the main trail. I marked a tree with yellow tape about every 100 feet or so. Two weeks later, I went back with a fellow treasure hunter. We found some silver coins and artifacts from the early 1900's.
Marking trails goes all the way back to Hansen and Grettle.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild weed growing in the magical forest and free for the taking is a metal detectorists dream.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
To be safe I'd go ahead and get your property surveyed so you can prove what you own if it comes up. A survey is cheaper than fighting a case in court.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread