This website is my big treasure found today.

shayday

May 31, 2017
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting since I was 7 years old. Not to give my age lol but that's almost 40 years! It has been a lonely hobby this whole time. Recently we bought land in Arkansas and of course I metal detected it to no luck, but I found quartz of all different kind and sizes instead. I couldn't be more happier. There are some that I cannot identify despite my research so I will be posting them here for suggestions. Here is my fist one to see if this works. i have an abundance of these kind. A rock inside a rock.
inside rock.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Hope you get to the crater of diamonds soon, or have in the past. I believe you have a concretion there and depending on the surrounding country rock, that round circle could conceivably hold a fossil.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree with a concretion of some sort.

If you have a geology dept nearby, they'd be glad to help with an ID. Also many gem/mineral shows will have a table where experts will give you a free expert opinion. And of course, theres always the local rockhounding club.
ALL of these are better than an id by internet picture only. Good Luck!

OP
OP
S

shayday

May 31, 2017
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

I know I have shale and sandstone but working on the others.I live along a hill in a valley and I do know I have a Quartz vein that runs straight through my land because we cut into it when doing the driveway. Many of my rocks have crystals attached to them on one side and the rest are like I showed only some of the inside rocks are dark red with gold and silver flakes throughout and some with layers of crystals inside. What kind of rocks could warrant a fossil?

OP
OP
S

shayday

May 31, 2017
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I've been looking into them. Looking into the rock hounding club now. I did get to speak with a local geologist at an exhibit I had gone to once but all I got was an argument about how there is no way these rocks belong to my land. Someone must have left it there! He wasn't interested in helping me identify it. I will be researching concretions and looking for links to all the other rocks and soil that i have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread