Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! I'm pretty sure I'll be attending Detectival this year and I'm hoping to stay for about 5 days or so after the rally. I'm hoping to do some meet ups with some locals for some digging and filming for my YouTube channel DrTones24k. If any one would be interested in meeting up, please PM me. Either way, I look forward to seeing you at Detectival!
Thanks!
-DT

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't aware of the festival, but it seems like a big deal. Crowds ain't my thing but have a good time. Best of luck bud

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks scrappy!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't aware of the festival, but it seems like a big deal. Crowds ain't my thing but have a good time. Best of luck bud

"Crowds ain't my thing"...you said it Scrap! Can't stand crowds..people pushing and shoving...im a habitual people watcher, but avoid crowds like the plague..the show sounds like fun tho, I could probably stand it for a while considering the atmosphere..Ddf

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a detecting rally in England ��

dman80

May 30, 2015
Low Country, SC
Detector(s) used
Deus XP, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to go sometime, maybe add that to the list of things to do in the future.

OP
OP
D

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camo :laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think festival is the way to think about it. More socializing than finding. The crowds make for a small find rate. Of course 1 in a hundred get a great find, which makes the headlines but I rarely bother. I have no need to pay.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to hunt across the pond but, as other's have stated I am a loner or at least one to avoid large gathering of potentially rude & inconsiderate people.:BangHead: Not saying that's the character of people who attend such a rally but, not going to spend that kind of money for a once in a lifetime opportunity to go south due to even one jerk in the mix. I did join a metal detecting club once and with it's large membership was not even greeted as a newcomer by any of the members. They all seemed like they were in their own little "clicks" and I was a bit turned off by that. A few with inflated egos thinking themselves to be Treasure Hunting Kings due to their pricy gear and brand new all terrain Command Vehicles. I hunted with the group for about one season and did manage to hook up with a pair of detectorists I still hunt with on occasion. I don't need a whole bunch of fake friends just a few real ones. It's that "Fakebook" social media world that manifests all too often that gets me. Forgive the negative tone but, just stating my opinion on the matter.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to hunt across the pond but, as other's have stated I am a loner or at least one to avoid large gathering of potentially rude & inconsiderate people.:BangHead: Not saying that's the character of people who attend such a rally but, not going to spend that kind of money for a once in a lifetime opportunity to go south due to even one jerk in the mix. I did join a metal detecting club once and with it's large membership was not even greeted as a newcomer by any of the members. They all seemed like they were in their own little "clicks" and I was a bit turned off by that. A few with inflated egos thinking themselves to be Treasure Hunting Kings due to their pricy gear and brand new all terrain Command Vehicles. I hunted with the group for about one season and did manage to hook up with a pair of detectorists I still hunt with on occasion. I don't need a whole bunch of fake friends just a few real ones. It's that "Fakebook" social media world that manifests all too often that gets me. Forgive the negative tone but, just stating my opinion on the matter.
Totally agree. Had similar experiences. Cru'Dad, Land-Mag, Archie contacts, Museum Contacts, Book Writing Contacts, & trusted visitors is all I need to make a Team.
The sharing of finds at Club meetings is much better opened up to the world on here.
To me Rallies = Drinking. Thats it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have done 8 hunts over in England and it's with a group of 7 in total. After a few days even spread out on hundreds of acres I really had to get time alone hunting. Not having to look up to see if I was cutting off or detecting the same row as somebody else. The one time when all the teams that were there met up on the same field there was 20+ hunters, it was crazy, having that many people around, I just told the driver to pick me up at the end of the day on the other end of the estate. I couldn't imagine being around a hundred others, give me one or two buddies, share a find, have a laugh, and let me be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread