Grand Army of the Republic Medal

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grand Army of the Republic Medal.JPG

This is one of my great grandfathers Grand Army of the Republic medal. He was from Germany, originally, pioneered Wisconsin and Nebraska areas I think it was, and then later fought in the Civil War in Louisiana. After the war he was sent to the Mexican border in Texas and was there when the Mexicans and the French were going at it in Matamoros, across from Brownsville, about 1865 or 1866. I was wondering when these medals were made. Obviously its from after the civil war. Thank you.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great that you have been able to save that. i have my ggfathers GAR buttons and a pic of him at a reunion in Pennsylvania. They started getting together some years after the civil war and my relatives look to be in their seventies. Maybe you can get an exact date in the what is it forum?

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive made a new thread in the what is it section, just to let you know. Thanks again

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen that, but I was hoping someone might no more about the medals in specific, and if there is a way to distinguish them from other GAR medals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions