• Griswold.jpg
    Griswold.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 44

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are dorky, I don't know why but there are dullards playing with them everywhere. I went into the Nissan dealership a couple weeks ago, 3 service advisors at the counter, all 3 of them sitting there playing with these things like zombies. :icon_scratch:

If I ever enter an environment where even one person is playing with one of these ridiculous wastes of money and material I will slowly back out of the door. Only braindead zombies would consider "fiddling" with this Chinese crap. For crying out loud people. Get yourself an old knife off fleabay and whittle on some soft maple on the front porch in a rocking chair if you need to unwind or de-stress!

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most entertaining thread I've read all day! I'm not even 30 yet, but when I grew up, ADHD was fixed real quick via discipline from Dad....not with some goofy fidget spinner.

At the turn of the century there was NO SUCH THING as ADHD! Who the heck came up with this stupid label for our children? Ah Ha! The doctors and shrinks who make tons of money pushing dope on our kids. That's all I'll say as I am liable to get banned from this wonderful sight if I go any further.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gadget right here is a definite confirmation that the once great nation of America is in it's death throes and on life support. Folks can't even find something productive to do with their time and come up with a "trendy" Chinese toy to occupy the two or three marbles rattling loosely in their cranium. If I ever recover one of these things I will dig a very deep hole with my USA made Predator shovel and bury it under a stack of bricks. Are we loosing our flipping minds when it comes to these useless inventions?!?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Rant alert lol!

I agree though, it was very hard to have ADHD 100 years ago because, even as a child, you helped worked on your parents land from morning until night (with school in the middle of the day). It was hard to not be occupied, always stuff needing to get done around the house.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe not so strange. I was over to my Grandson's house and he made his own. Found bearings somewhere and with his scroll saw made wooden ones. He's 11. He's a little mechanic.
What's not so strange is if you've been to Greece and see men while sitting fidgeting with a string of beads.

For Kurios... There's a part of the brain that needs to occupy itself to allow the other parts to function. Many that have tried meditation, I'm not referring to what some call meditation where they think of a pretty place, I'm referring of a more serious meditation of being acuity aware with out thought. These gadgets, while not replacing the meditation process might help in the beginning training for some. In the beginning many attempting meditation find it hard to settle their mind down. The mind can be like a small child when you try to have them sit down.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rant alert lol!

I agree though, it was very hard to have ADHD 100 years ago because, even as a child, you helped worked on your parents land from morning until night (with school in the middle of the day). It was hard to not be occupied, always stuff needing to get done around the house.

Yes indeed, helping with chores and keeping the farm going. Best SCHOOLING there ever was. Taught you responsibility and built a strong character in the young ones. Now we stick children into "holding pens" from the age of five until they're 18 for eight hours a day and expect them to NOT get fidgety? That's flipping insane. Children weren't designed to be penned up all day in crowded rooms, many with bad influences from troubled kids or even the teachers themselves. Nowadays they don't even teach the three "R" s like back in the day. Reading, Writing, Arithmetic. I know, arithmetic starts with an "A". Now the public "education" system is more a social engineering center to program your children what to think and believe. Yes, I could rant on about a bunch of things that are sending America straight into the toilet. I best save it for the Charter Member Political section. Another great reason to become a charter member. :headbang:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude !!! I just took the bearing out and washed and dried it. Now this baby will spin for 2 minutes or longer. Dont ever pick one up kurios1. I felt the same way, but im starting to mellow on the whole fidget spinner craze. Its a novelty at best. I dont think its any worse than a slinky or yo yo. If you want to see some dumb crap check out top ten worst fidget spinner injuries. Im sure any of these people would find a way to hurt themselves with a yo yo or slinky. It is a pretty good waist of time but im guilty of playing with it. I swear im gonna attach this sucker to my excal. Im gonna tell every one its the latest electro magnetic pulse wave diamond detector, and that it attracts hot chicks too. Im gonna wear that beanie hat with the propeller too. Then ill hit the 1715 treasure sites and jog big circles around all the other detectorists I can find. Lol !!! Ill have the whole beach to myself in no time. Or ill get shot by some detectorists packing a 38 snubby in his fanny pack. Lol !!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude !!! I just took the bearing out and washed and dried it. Now this baby will spin for 2 minutes or longer. Dont ever pick one up kurios1. I felt the same way, but im starting to mellow on the whole fidget spinner craze. Its a novelty at best. I dont think its any worse than a slinky or yo yo. If you want to see some dumb crap check out top ten worst fidget spinner injuries. Im sure any of these people would find a way to hurt themselves with a yo yo or slinky. It is a pretty good waist of time but im guilty of playing with it. I swear im gonna attach this sucker to my excal. Im gonna tell every one its the latest electro magnetic pulse wave diamond detector, and that it attracts hot chicks too. Im gonna wear that beanie hat with the propeller too. Then ill hit the 1715 treasure sites and jog big circles around all the other detectorists I can find. Lol !!! Ill have the whole beach to myself in no time. Or ill get shot by some detectorists packing a 38 snubby in his fanny pack. Lol !!

ROFLMAO !!! Can I type that? Thanks for the chuckle mate. Much appreciated after a hot warehouse and another 40+ hours working for the man. Now that I've had my giggles I'm out to pirate the local tot lots. Getting desperate to receive my therapy sessions. Lord help me to NEVER recover a fidget spinner !!! I'll have my green LED headlamp on roaming through many little parks and school tot lots tonight. I hope I don't get the "50" called out on me. I'm sure with everyone terrified ISIS is hiding out just down the street I may get a visit from an officer. Have a good one my friend.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the number one selling toy for amazon. And the woman who invented it has made nothing from it. She got ripped off hard !!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some kid has already pried out one of the bearings and choked on it. The article was stressing the dangers of fidget spinners with your kids. Hmm lets see, pry out bearing and eat. Dumkoffs I miss lawn Darts.

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also found one detecting Clearwater beach and didn't know what it was either and also threw it in the trash. Go home and a few days later the fidget spinner craze hit - I was early but didn't know it...dang the thing was worth something.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one going so fast with my compressor that it was trailing shock waves and sent my dog to howling.
Light up ones are cool at night, I like gadgets.
Alot of them are junk though, all are overpriced. I actually make my own, just have to perfect the caps is the hardest part.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Some kid has already pried out one of the bearings and choked on it. The article was stressing the dangers of fidget spinners with your kids. Hmm lets see, pry out bearing and eat. Dumkoffs I miss lawn Darts.

It seems there is always someone stressing the dangers of about everything. I remember some doctor telling of how people will get hurt doing the twist (the dance). life is so dangerous it might kill you some day.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Its the number one selling toy for amazon. And the woman who invented it has made nothing from it. She got ripped off hard !!

It wouldn't have mattered anyway because as soon as the money is in the water the sharks will come.
Think of how many ripoffs the game Trivia Pursuit had.
Even our copy right system offers more protection than a patent.
Those that know might say if you have a good idea don't bother with a patent. Manufacture it, sell it if you can find a way. If it's any good and someone steps on your toes you probably can't afford to offer a challenge in court anyway. Make whatever $$ you can and carry on.

My wife is an accountant and has a client that's into lots of things. The client said he can't keep up with the demand as it is now for the things. I didn't ask if he is in making them or distributing. Doesn't matter but it's a lot cheaper to quit distribution if the demand drops.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhhh...the LAWN DARTS...or Jarts or something like that...of course we became bored just tossing the lawn darts "per instructions" so we would toss them back and forth over the house to each other...or AT each other...and of course there were the contest to see who could throw them the highest...mmm...the good old days! And I still have 80% of my fingers! Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread