How Do YOU Beat the HEAT !

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay inside when really hot, drinking cold beer with the AC on with a ice pack on my head.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bring water and stay in the woods. Bug spray working except for the eyeball kamikazi bugs. Tot lots at night or super early morning. Good luck!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't! No summer hunting for me, I can't deal with the Michigan heat, let alone my wife wanting to move south.
Heading north when I retire!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay inside when really hot, drinking cold beer with the AC on with a ice pack on my head.

Lazy guy.... At least I stand with the MD by the slider door staring into the woods. But like you the AC is on and I have a cold beer in my hand! It takes a lot out of me though.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Fema Region 5 here too Kurios1. Staying in the shade yesterday did the trick. Hunting a couple of farms, and luckily where I want to hunt is in the shade. Humidity is the thing that get's me, but wasn't bad yesterday. After last year I know I have to get out before the skeeter's. Did have to put up with biting flies yesterday tho. Lil' *******s zeroed in on the back of my arm's. Got tired of it and left. It's alway's somethin'.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gatorade, gallons of it. It's hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock in August down here!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Gatorade, gallons of it. It's hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock in August down here!
One hot summer I drank a lot of Gatorade, but beware, I contracted a nasty case of kidney stone!
Spent the night in ER, it was the worst - they call it male pregnancy, told me I was doing 'the kidney stone dance' when I walked in, they didn't even have to guess what was wrong with me, I thought I had food poisoning lol - and told me to lay off of it or at least dilute it down, due to the heavy mineral content. If anyone's ever passed kidney stones you know what I mean -

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch !!! Im starting to like the whole drink beer inside with ac on. Cant find much gold that way though. Kidney stones sound horrible !!!

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the deep south here where not only the heat but high humidity can be lethal. I've suffered heat stroke twice and when I feel it coming on now I head for home and the AC. TVA has most the water and adjacent land off limits to detecting, same with state and federal lands, so it's out to local parks in the morning, seeking the shade when it gets hot and make sure you have plenty of water to drink. Only hunting shallow quarters or higher and popping, hooking, and doing the hemostat pull to get them out, so no plugging until the autumn rains turn the ground back into a soggy mess.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder what a kidney stone would ring up as on my CTX. I drink G2, it's more dilute, 50%, of regular Gatorade.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At night, head down to the local swimming hole or river access and toss in a magnet or wade out for sunglasses and other treasure. Some treasure hunting sports have seasons, good hunting bud.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it was 29 degrees this a.m. when I got up. The high is supposed to be 74 this week. I spect I'll figure out some way to deal with it.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is how we do it...d2 001.JPG

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I throw a coin or two into my son's pool and dive in with my detector. Then it's a cold one or two!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have an AT Pro. Not a fancy beach and deep water detector but, that's not my main target area. Maybe if I ever live to retirement I will get a nice water machine and hit the coastal areas. Right now I am getting ready to go jump into the tiny stream running through my little borough. AT Pro gotta' get used sometimes. If I find anything noteworthy I'll post. Adios.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread