Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have owned 3 AT Pros and found that my wrist gets tired from the awkward balance on these detectors. So the last time I bought a carbon fiber shaft from plugger that balances out the detectors and makes it a breeze to swing the coil.
Don't have the atp anymore but still have the carbon fiber shaft. I will sell it if anyone is interested.
Yes, getting older is sure hard and it came a whole lot faster than I expected
Getting old is new to all of us. Lol!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might to sell your Whites and get a used XP Deus. Ultra light, and will let you feel like a younger version of yourself. I am only 58 and use a makeshift harness when I mount a large coil on my F75LTD. Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to order a detecting pal. I'm getting one with better knees than mine. :tongue3:

It's true, youth is wasted on the young.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh thank you. It just happens so darn fast. I tell myself people have it so much worse than I. I am not going to quit yet. I love my AT Pro so don't want to go to another detector. I like that I can hunt in rain too. And besides I hate change! Don't want to learn another detector. I am 76 and don't have the time to waste either LOL. Make every day count!

You go girl!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fact that you are trying to address the problem instead of denying it exists. I think once people give up, they really get depressed.
Keep on swinging.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey OldJerseyGirl -

As another getting older too fast 5' female - can we get a update on how your harness fit?

Waving from Yacolt - :)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A five foot woman can melt your heart (admire her beauty, strength, courage and brains) just as well as a 6' woman!

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the smaller coil. The 5x8" coil transforms the at pro into a feather. I started with the original coil and after a few hours my arm would get sore. With the smaller coil I can search all day.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Y'all remember a dance called the Twist? Maybe adapting those moves with a MD strapped on.
Incorporate the Moon Walk if anything was missed.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to look back several years to when I bought it, on TNet. I'm thinking it's a Detecting Buddy, a loop to put up your weaker limb with a strap and pad to go over your neck and down to grab your detector. I bought that because the Etrac was so danged nose heavy killing my elbow after just a couple hours. Later I got the CTX and the only time I used the gizmo is when I swing the 17" coil, making it again "nose heavy".

But I do find that while it is "healthy" to use, it does get in the way of what you're doing here and there - and you will be adjusting it occasionally.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it and adjusted it. Seems to be good. But, will let you know when I can go out for a longer hunt. For a short one it worked great.
Hey OldJerseyGirl -

As another getting older too fast 5' female - can we get a update on how your harness fit?

Waving from Yacolt - :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread