"No Metal Detectors" Sign...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
yea let those relics rot in the ground. don't dig it up and save it!

Ahhh, but don't you know the archie's come-back line to this md'r rationale ?? They'll say : HOW DO YOU KNOW that .... 1000 yrs. from now .... some future archie might dig a pit RIGHT IN THIS EXACT SPOT ? Thus when you "ripped that buffalo nickel from context", you could deprive future generations of learning about their past.

In the same way that we learn great and exciting stuff from the archie's who've been digging at the pyramids of Egypt. Even seemingly mundane objects they find tell a lot of history and make for cool museum exhibits we all love. Right ? Yet 3000 yrs. ago, if yahoos had your attitude (and were raping the ground of objects), then .... context would be all messed up, the history would be altered/incomplete, etc...

I know you are seething in guilt and remorse now. But not to worry: I will absolve your conscience of all guilt. Just send me all your stuff, and I'll make sure it gets to the proper authorities . :hello:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
It is a state park and against the law to hunt state parks in Florida with out prior rangers approval.

But not Fl. state park beaches. Even though administered by the exact same state park's dept, yet .... beaches there are ok . It's only the inland parks you're speaking of. Eh ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No metal detecting, yet your dogs can crap all over the place and the homeless can live there no problem.......

Don't you know what the difference between those persons and md'rs is ? :

If the dog owner had gone to city hall and said "Hi, can I let my dog poop on the lawn and not pick it up ?" What answer would they give him ? Or if the homeless person had gone and asked permission to set up camp in the park, what would they tell him ?

As you can probably surmise: Those persons would be told "no". Md'rs on the other hand DO waltz in to city halls and police stations asking "can I ?" Then we start forums lamenting our lack of freedoms. If those other park users you speak of had asked, then they too could start forums lamenting their lack of freedoms. Shame on them for not asking, eh ?

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
"Just send me all your stuff, and I'll make sure it gets to the proper authorities . :hello:"

All my stuff? You mean all the stuff the older generations form the 1970's already cleaned out? You mean the stuff I spent hours trying to find using every trick in the book, only to come up with coins that have a collective value of about $200.00? THAT stuff?

Sure, just send me $300.00 for shipping. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread