Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been toying around with different programs off and on. My biggest problem is I tend to forget things I thought I clearly understood but I haven't used it very much. I do have some very heavy iron places and so I watched several videos by Calabash using the sifter program and thought that I would give it a whirl. I wasn't sure how the full tones would be for me to handle but there is only one way to find out. Basically the iron wasn't that bad in the field so I used my own program to locate targets that I was interested in and then switched to the sifter program to see how it sounded on it. I can see that it will be a little challenging for me but I can see where it can really shine. I haven't had time to see how it responds on gold especially the thinner gold rings. We managed to get close to $4 in clad with two keys thrown in. The mowers had worked several finds over pretty badly, found about a fifth of a clad quarter, a cut in half cross and several chunks of various bling jewelry. While I was busy trying out the sifter program, my wife went on a dime tear (for her) and found 18 and 4 quarters while I cleaned out square tabs and one ring. Wish I could tell you how it was silver or gold but it was one of a billion thin aluminum kid's rings, oh well. I was using 18 khz on both programs so my VID numbers read higher. I will dig most anything that is repeatable enough to get an idea where it might actually be not just because it has the numbers that might be good. I would like to thank Calabash for his videos and inputs as I try to learn this deus. There are numerous other Tnetters that also share their knowledge on this awesome machine and I thank them too.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like your enjoying your new machine. :icon_thumright: Keep doing what you're doing and the gold will come.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread