OP
OP
J

jkeller333

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, awesome info, thanks. Currently I have 2 jw pulse 8xs one with 8x48 coil and a non working (for now) pulse star 2 w 40x40 coil. Also have dive hookah set up and lots of diving experience in currents. Research is done so check that off the list. Doing recovery with 2 others and don't trust anyone else. I like the fish finder idea. I know GPR and resitivity won't pick up on something this small. Thanks.
BTW, anyone know who can fix the pulse star 2? Not getting a response from tb electronic.....

Oh, almost forgot to thank you trolls for your entertaining comments......thanks!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never mean any malice with my posts. I wish you the best of luck. What size (dimensions ) are the size of the bars?

Chub

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's back and he's serious! Tom send someone that dollar lol. I'll let you know if the fish finder helps with my search but my trailer bearings are shot and need replacing. Once you get those bars come hookah my silverware with me. It'll be easier than gold bars.

OP
OP
J

jkeller333

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, no worries Chub. It's all entertainment. Don't know dimensions just mass. Guess....2x4x2in?

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these may be spread out over a decently large area, wouldn't you want to pull a boat towed submersible metal detector to cover a large area and ID possible targets? Then use those targets for diving exploration.

maybe find a rental - JW Fishers Pulse 10 Boat Towed Metal Detector

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm probably too late to the party to have anything pertinent, but what you are doing isn't too different from what we do here on the 1715 wrecks.
5 lbs of gold is approx. 7 cubic inches, so the 5-10 lb zone is less than half the size of a brick.2"x 4" x 1 or 2 inches.
The river is said to be slow moving, but during flooding is that an area that is still relatively calm or could your targets have been scoured out of the bottom and sent downstream some distance? If the bottom is muddy or big chunky rock, chances are better that whatever was thrown in may still be in the area. Seems likely that if is hard bottom, scoured down to the rock or gravel base, you might want to look downstream til you find a deep hole.
I'd likely do a look with a SS sonar...Humminbird or Lowrance side imaging would give you a look at the structure of the bottom, then just do some survey lines looking at the down imaging sonar and you can get a good idea of the consistency of the bottom as well...It might be nice to find out if you will be diving on a smooth bottom or if someone's old corn picker is down there waiting for you to find it in low viz or to grab your expensive MD tow sled and coil. Voice of experience speaking on that one. "River" implies short visibility.
Enough with the unsolicited advice.
Almost everyone here on the 1715 Fleet uses Aqua Pulse detectors, but if it is fresh water, not salt or brackish, the choice of a MD is a lot broader.
Good luck! I hope you find it on your 7th dive...just enough for an adventure, but not so many dives as to get discouraged!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulse 8x skid.

And I know where one is for sale.

OP
OP
J

jkeller333

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn, I just bought an 8x skid....Too late!

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these may be spread out over a decently large area, wouldn't you want to pull a boat towed submersible metal detector to cover a large area and ID possible targets? Then use those targets for diving exploration.

maybe find a rental - JW Fishers Pulse 10 Boat Towed Metal Detector

Where can I get info on the big pvc pipe style that the meteorite men use? Been looking but cant find a circuit diagram or kit or unit.

Chub

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ha, no worries Chub. It's all entertainment. .....

Glad you got a sense of humor j-keller. Here's your dollar :

images

A gold bar of that weight is ~$200,000 value at current melt . And typically, whenever someone comes on T'net with fabulous tales like that, it's usually a ghost-story type "he said she said" camp-fire lore.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on the type of soil. Tell us where it is and we can give you suggestions!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good lord guys he just asked what detector he could use, already said he knows the area of the river.lol. J Keller if I was going to check on something lime that I would get me a good used Garrett Infinium LS and dig everything. Snorkel gear, a good pair of fins also cause even if the water is moving slow it will carry you away. Going to be a lot of work any way you look at it. Make sure you tie off your detector and digging shovel to your belt also.
NO! NEVER tie detectors or other things to your body. They may get tangled in trees and other debris on the bottom. You will then drown in the panic that will follow. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions