Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I had a boss who was very greedy. We were doing electrical repair work service calls. We were on commission so when we didn't work we didn't eat. When ever a Cherry job came in he would take it away from us and do it himself so he could make all the money on it. This boss was not only greedy but the biggest Homophobe I have ever met in my life.
We started getting services calls for the Abbey in North Hollywood CA. No question a 100% Gay restaurant. I did the service call and Bo the owner paid me very well. I made a big commission. The Boss was determined to do the next one himself. Sure enough the call came in and he took it. Not only was I anxious to see his reaction from finding out it was a Gay restaurant but I accentuated his experience by slapping an upside down pink triangle (gay coalition symbol)on the back of his service truck. He came back to the shop pie eyed and ranting about them inviting him to parties and getting really close to him. He vowed never to go back again. I got all of the calls after. PS I left the sticker on the back of his service truck. As far as I know it is still there today.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was younger, single, and full of fire with my first house I got into a stupid dispute with the City where I lived. In the end, and after much frustrating experience they stuck me with the short end of the $tick.

Don't get mad, get even, eh?

Several days later I gethered supplies and took my bicycle out for a ride that night. I gave three different water fountain features on three very busy intersections all a heavy dose of detergent and red rit dye as I rode by.

The next morning I saw red stains on the street and a fountain that looked like frothing blood. I used so much soap that one intersection had bubbles that oozed across the whole street staining everything it touched red. The areas looked like a bloodbath! It worked better than I though it would and apparently cost a bit of $ to restore. I got more than even.

I'm a bad influence. Why? Because since then the HS kids do it around homecoming except without the dye. :laughing7:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are evil and I mean that as a compliment.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That reminds me of something similar I did.
In HS my best friend and i somehow came into possession of 10 gallons of soap concentrate and about 20# of concentrate powder. Wondered what it would do if it was dumped in the HS AC outside evaporator unit. Very disappointed the next am when nothing was amiss.
Then in 2nd period, Everyone was "Have you seen the teachers parking lot!?!?!?"
It turns out that the AC didn't kick on until classes started and when it did, it covered about a quarter of an acre with thick soap bubbles, including most of the teachers' cars. afaik, no one ever found out whodunit.

(no one ever suspected me of a lot of stuff because I was "the good kid" which actually meant I was smart enough to never talk or get caught)

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend pulled this practical joke on my cousin many years ago. He was over our house one night to celebrate his birthday. She knew he was deathly afraid of snakes, so she planted a rubber one next to the toilet. He eventually had to use the bathroom and went in to do his business. He came running out and told us there was a huge snake in the bathroom. My girlfriend went in, picked it up and brought it out. She calmly told him that it was just a harmless garter snake. When he got closer to check it out, she threw it at him! He stumbled backward, tripped over his chair and hit his head on the wall. Knocked him out cold! We thought it was hilarious, but he was not amused when he came to!

Best part of this story is that he has never used our bathroom since that night! Has to be at least 15 years now! Talk about traumatizing someone for life! LOL!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me of something similar I did.
In HS my best friend and i somehow came into possession of 10 gallons of soap concentrate and about 20# of concentrate powder. Wondered what it would do if it was dumped in the HS AC outside evaporator unit. Very disappointed the next am when nothing was amiss.
Then in 2nd period, Everyone was "Have you seen the teachers parking lot!?!?!?"
It turns out that the AC didn't kick on until classes started and when it did, it covered about a quarter of an acre with thick soap bubbles, including most of the teachers' cars. afaik, no one ever found out whodunit.

(no one ever suspected me of a lot of stuff because I was "the good kid" which actually meant I was smart enough to never talk or get caught)

AMEN to that one. In HS I had a BEST buddy. He was just like me and we for the same reason as you were never caught. We went so far as to understand that if we got pulled into separate rooms They would tell each of us that the other was already talking. We Kept our mouths shut. We told no-one of our pranks and just sat back and relished the day in silent enjoyment.
Rival school graffiti'd our pet rock, we slipped in and cut down their Pet Oak tree
Seniors told us to Bob on them, we stole Bob's Big Boy and displayed him at their Senior snack bar.
We also Soaped fountains (Joy Dishwashing liquid, best wall of bubbles ever) and I love the Red Dye idea, Brilliant
But the one that almost got us, and if we were caught would have been very bad for us, was messing with the school principle. He was a starched white shirt and tie guy and to say well he had a stick up his...think Popsicle. Think of the most annoying movie principle and he was worse, and to give him credit today, he saw right through us. He always had his eye on us and we decided it was time for his turn in the barrel.
We played with tons of electronics and had a copy of the Anarchy Cookbook (wish I still had it) and it was game on mayhem. My buddy Greg's Dad worked for the phone company and he would bring home 48 volt batteries that when ran in series and shorted got VERY hot. This combined with a servo from a remote control car and some tape and Houston we had a plan.

The principals office was on the main quad and was all glass window, his desk faced the door so we always had a plain view of his back when he was seated at his desk. We did a Ninja black out and glove excursion after hours into the school and Jimmied our way into the faculty building and into principal starches office. We taped this contraption that we made to the lead seal on the fire sprinkler above his desk. We locked up on the way out. The next day it was all excitement and hoping he didn't notice the sprinkler sandwiched in batteries and waiting for the timing for him to be at his desk while we were in the quad. We needed it to be crowded or we would be busted as the cheapie Remote control only had a short RF range. Third period it was on, we rushed out to the quad and he was sitting at his desk. It was now just a matter of walking to the planter where we had the device stashed and press and lock it into forward. We then casually walked away gaining as much distance as possible. Man we didn't know if it would even work... but, It did. Within a minute or two the sprinkler let go in his office. From what I recall the alarm bells were almost as instantaneous as the Principal shooting from his office out to the Quad to catch a culprit. He was FUMING mad and as a bonus, you would think that (like the movies) that the water is all clear like it is being sprayed from a Sparkletts bottle but it is not. It is BLACK like the iron pipes it lives in and Smells fairly wretched like sulfer and sewer. He came out wet and Black. We did not realize before hand that a stunt like this would cause sooo much attention but our CYA packed was tested to the fullest.
A) We did not count on the fire alarm Not sure why but just didn't realize that flowing water would make the alarm sound and it brought every fire truck in our city to the school which also brought the cops, and the investigators.
B) We did not realize that no one would know how to shut off the main valve to stop the water flow and we flooded most of the faculty building.

They found our remote.and checked it for prints! They grilled everyone including us. What was our knowledge of batteries, did we own a remote control car, did we know of anyone playing with these cars or did we know of anyone making things out of the parts of these cars etc...etc...
We kept absolutely MUM and it was the only way that we escaped some serious doo doo. i hope you enjoyed the story. press like if you want to hear the story of how Greg and I blew up every hole of the back 9 of our local community :) Cheers all. Love this thread.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I bought some blood capsules like they use in the movies - ones I got were real good - when things got slow in the office which was 95% women - I would wink at my buddy and start coughing little by little - and most of the women would say "oh my.. are you coming down with something?"
"No no ..Im fine" Little by little I would cough a little bit more day after day. Then when office got real quiet at times I would start letting out loud outrageous
coughs and choking and act like I was embarrassed and lower my head like I was trying to hide. Now came the capsules ...I would put one in and then have
a coughing fit and convulse a little. Id bite the capsule and if you have a good saliva going - you get a lot of blood flowing. I would grab a Kleenex and split the blood into it and turn away from every one trying to hide it. I'd eventually throw the Kleenex in a community basket in such a manner where
people could easily see it - this went on for a few days and every one was asking each other ..."What's up with him" they would ask my buddy and he would just tell them "He wont talk about it". Next step - wait for a quiet time of the day... and go nuts... try to hold Kleenex over mouth but let blood trickle out of corners of mouth
...look embarrassed - grab more Kleenex and run from room to hide. My buddy said every one turned white as ghosts and he had to run out after me - 1) to look like a concerned friend - 2) cause he almost pee'd his pants trying not to laugh at how much I was putting into my performances.
Let few more days go by now backing off with just a little coughing. Then stuff a bunch of capsules in for finale. I go nuts and let the blood flow freely scrambling for my box of Kleenex - acting frantic "who moved them" - thing is I could not let it go long because I could not have any one call 911 - (this was before people had cell phones) - so after the OMGs and awe and shock I had to start laughing and have my friend start laughing until they now have confused looks and some are getting ready still to call for an ambulance and I
got to beg for them to put phones down --- well they wanted to kill me and make me really bleed. Most would not talk to me for a while - some admitted
that it was a good prank but a bad man for doing that to them. Have met a few of those people years later and they would tell whom ever they were with
"That's the guy I told you did that prank with the fake blood" "Oh...I wanted to choke him for doing that to us"
but after like 25 yrs - bet they still remember me

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tame one:
Best bud lifted some Methylene Blue powder from the HS bio lab. Its a very concentrated dye for staining microscope slides if you didn't know. He dusted the serrated combination locker dials of those he didn't like. Most tried to immediately wash it off when they saw their fingertips stained which lead to completely blue hands.

Bud also liked to remove the glass rods on the fire alarm so that they would activate in the office with the lightest pressure (think fishing line). Office was smart enough to never allow a direct signal to fire trucks until an alarm was checked.

And smoke bombs...thank you Steal This Book. It became a tradition to hit multiple bathrooms simultaneously on the last day of class. We always vied for who could build the largest.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A favorite from back in the day ... The Avenger's Handbook.

Good read, but be careful!

One more incident:

Had an instructor at that same school who knew I worked night. So, he gave a 300 page reading assignment OVERNIGHT --- with a test the next morning. He taught programmable controls so lots of computers, including his own.

Now, he was convinced that there was not way a virus could damage computer hardware, only the OS and software. We had had quite a discussion about that just a couple of days prior --- and in fact, the discussion prompted the overnight reading assignment.

I no longer play with electronic microorganisms (except to remove them from other folks computers), but it was one of my more fun endeavors. He was bragging that morning about the "brand new 40 megabyte hard drive" --- this was in 1991 --- he had installed in his personal computer the night before. He asked me to build him a screensaver based on Star Trek and left me (unattended) to my duties.

Did you know that a virus in 1991 could destroy a new hard drive in about 3 days? A well written virus could do it in a matter of hours.

Didn't pass the test the next morning because I didn't do the reading. Before I left class, I asked him how his paperweight was doing and he just looked at me funny as I walked out the room.

He couldn't post grades on his computer that afternoon ... or even boot it up. Fried his hard drive. Of course, I couldn't have done it because a virus could never damage hardware.

Last edited:

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my brother and I were always pulling pranks on each other. then we would get together and laugh about it. late one night I went to his house. he has 3 doors into his house, and all 3 have storm doors which open outward. the frames of these doors are screwed in from the outside. I went around to each door and removed a screw and put a block of wood in place with a longer screw so that the door would not open. the next morning he had gone to work and his wife called him and told him that she could not get out of the house. he told her to do what he did and crawl out of a window. just wish that I could have been there to see it all unfold

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pulled a good one on my parents about 8 years ago. they own a good chunk of ground and have a 7 acre pond. there is an old pontoon boat that we turned into a raft for the grandkids to use. late one night I took my son who was 12 at the time and we swam out to the raft and removed the anchor cable and brought the raft to shore. we used a couple of 2x6's to drive moms' golf cart onto the raft. then we took the raft back out and anchored it back in place.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I was working on a new construction house with limited power at the temporary breaker-box. With all outlets occupied by drop cords and multi-taps I was struggling to find a spot to plug in my 1/2" drill. In the garage I found a 4 way box with three open outlets that belonged to one of the carpenters and I plugged it in. When I hit the switch sparks shot out the vent...whoa! Luckily the carpenter walked in and warned me that outlet was wired 220 with standard 110 recepticals... jesus, dude! Label that :censored:!

A few days later a coworker was in the basement and asked if I could run his drop to the power supply for his 1/2" drill. Sure thing, buddy! I plugged him into the 220 and went down to watch.

In a dim corner there he is on a ladder preparing to drill a few joists. I give him the OK and he asks me to hold his ladder, which I do. All prepared, he hits the trigger switch and sparks light up the basement as they ejected 5 inches out the motor vent. He almost drops the drill, wobbles on the ladder before calmly but quickly climbing down. He looks at the drill and then me before giving it another blast. Same result, of course... big blast of sparks!He is perplexed yet amused and keeps pumping the trigger again and again....until it caught fire!

This guy was so confused he gives up and asks to borrow my drill, so I gave up the joke instead of ruining mine.

When the boss asked WTF did we do to the tool, how we burned it up, we blamed the carpenter to keep our jobs. The next day the carpenter's 4-way box had written all over it in black sharpie, "220 only - you dumbarses!" :tongue3: I think he got his butt chewed too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
High school gives us all the chance to determined others IQ abilities...some catch on and some don't. Since I was kinda kicked out of American Studies and even study hall of all things I had plenty of time in the basement printshop class. There was this really strong pink glue used to make scratch pads for the school but also was great to glue quarters down to the floor of the hallways....real noticeable about that IQ rating thing and see which students never caught on.
There was also this rather large machine called a Linotype with many large cams and wheels. Don't know if any of you guy's remember "greeny stickum caps", little round stick on caps for toy six shooters...well it's just downright surprising how fast an operator sitting at that machine can jump after hitting the ON switch and have about twenty of those "stuck to the cams" caps go off like a machine gun....pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop
Yes, fond memories of my high school printshop days. We printed most of the internal forms, tardy excuses, sick release slips and my favorite (after many hours just doodling the principals signature so he even thought it was his) the infamous DETENTION SLIP sent to those unknowing souls who **ck'd with us. Kinda got a kick watching those guys go into the detention class after school with that "what did I do" look on their faces. Man up and just do yur time fellas.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....These are great ! Had a scary unstable young man to train. The breakfast of choice , a Snickers and Pepsi yet the guy was made of gristle, no fat. I was always catching him in lies yet the management thought we had to much invested in him to hand him walking papers. He brought a boom box into a shared office playing music too loud , disturbing the others. We would turn it off when he would leave for more than a few minutes and when we "requested" his compliance he would rage that NO ONE was to touch his stuff !
These are the things of revenge.....#1-found an electric cord of the same color , cut 12" from the bare end and affixed it inside the cord storage door on the back. Then I stowed HIS cord inside also . Lastly I pulled only the hot(line)side plug tang from the vinyl plug , plugged IT into the wall and left the cut end next to its mate on the desk......MAYHEM !

Revenge.....#2- A tiny bit of silicone oil on the nose bridge of his new sunglasses had him mindlessly pushing them back into place all day in the field.....satisfaction !

Revenge......#3- After a particularly trying day where I actually walked around with a piece of pipe in my hand for protection, the long day was ending. I noticed this fellas brand new sunglasses resting on his desk. I carefully cut two straps of Scotch 33 black tape and dropped 'em on the inside of the lenses. Still grasping the pipe , I bid him a good weekend . He picked up his things and headed outside to his hotrod. He flipped me the bird as he burnt rubber through the parking lot. At the driveway , he waited for traffic and dropped the clutch . He must have only then donned his glasses as , quite out of my sight I heard a missed shift and loud expletives directed at me.....Priceless.

I could go on but . . ...
Great idea for a thread !

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got this guy at work who every day would block the warehouse with his truck after checkout, to drop a deuce or whatever, holding us all up.
Knowing that he was all ready to go, bay doors up, and temporarily MIA, I, along with a few other guys, turned each of his 5 gallon bottles backwards, so there would be no easy way to grip and remove a 45 pound bottle from the rack...after turning approximately 100 bottles around, we closed his bay doors, and moved his truck ahead.
He gets back from dropping the kids off at the pool, gets in his truck, and drives off.
Wish I coulda seen his face... heard he was pissed.

Hopefully this pic will give you an idea how funny this was for me.
IMG_1056.JPG

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yea, back in the day...these were always good for a laugh.
IMG_1055.JPG

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea, back in the day...these were always good for a laugh.
View attachment 1464454
Cigarette loads were the best!!! My other go to for the other guys that constantly bummed smokes is to take a beading needle and pull three strands of hair through a cigarette and snip them off clean. Horse hair causes the best facial expressions! We used to stick em under the supports on gas stoves out of sight, gives a whole new meaning to pop corn!

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wire ties are great! unlimited uses. We had a guy at work that thought he had the badest car in the world, you know the type.... Took one of the monster wire ties they use for AC duct pipes and put it on his drive shaft right by the top universal. Trimmed it off so it would just hit the floorboards by an inch. Took the "expert mechanic with the baddest car" a little over a week plus two weekends to find the "knock". As you guessed, every time one of us walked by him we'd ask "Did you figure out the knock?

Same company.... We all had to wear uniforms, hardhat, & rubber boots. One of the guys that was kind of a jerk got his. Noticed he went to the rest room around 9:30 every day, so got a brainstorm! There were tons of spare boots and dirty uniforms left in the changing room. I took a pair of boots & pants for every bathroom stall, put a pair of pant legs over two boots and placed one set in front of each toilet, and locked the stall doors with a dime. 9:30 rolls around and this guy is prancing around. Finally he got p1ssed and kicked a pair of boots over! You could hear him cussing all through the warehouse. When we went in later, judging by the wet trousers in the shower, we all assumed he didn't make it.

Super Glue!!!!!!! Pranksters best friend!!!!! I used to catch people passed out at parties, and glue their finger to their forehead or other hysterical location.

I used to glue quarters to the floor near cash registers. Funny watching guys trying to slide the quarter with their foot. As soon as they'd bend down to grab it I'd yell HEY! at my strategically placed friend. Saw quite a few face plants with that one.

Had a friend that would show up at parties, get bombed then try to drive home. He was smart enough to bring a spare set of keys to thwart our efforts to stop him from driving, so I grabbed a couple 6x6 timbers and cut pieces off long enough to lift his tires 2" off the ground. After winding the engine & grinding the gears he'd come in and declare he'd blown his trans & needed to use the sofa! Ever have a prank save someone's life?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread