boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of office chairs, if you don't have a source of water handy a short (and I mean short) needle or pin with the head clipped off will give you some priceless facial expressions to watch.

You can wedge a piece of wood in the lever that raises & lowers the chair. Most people won't notice it until they drop to the bottom. I used to just walk by and give it a kick. Really messes up their concentration and speaking abilities when they hit bottom.

Super glue!!!! glue the handset to the base of their phone. You need to do this, let it set and reapply three times for it to stick good. Ever see someone smack their head with a phone? I worked maintenance so I had access to the phone room. I'd call the persons extension from there and use a toner to find it. Then find an extension a couple desks away, and switch the pairs. Fun as all get out watching the girls sprinting to the other desk to give a customer info.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I was 12 and my father was driving us 50 miles to fish. It was pre-dawn when he stopped to use the restroom and get fuel. While he was inside, I reprogrammed all the preset radio stations to the one latin music station, then turned the volume to barely audible.

About 15 miles down the road he reaches out, eyes still on the road, and pushes a button - latin music. Pushes another button - same latin music. His face distorted in confusion, softly says, "What the....!" Turns it up and pushes a third button - same latin music!

He immediately looked at me, " Leave my stations alone!"

I was rolling.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Shopping at walmart for deodorant many years ago. While smelling some new products I realized they started putting a plastic cover under the plastic caps. No way to see the product without removing this secondary cap, and it reduces the scent too. Next it dawns on me the the stick of deodorant I'm holding, the secondary cap looks just like smooth white deodorant. I put it back and grabbed a second one, different scent.

At just that moment another man walks in the same isle, not looking at him I pull the cap off, sniff the secondary plastic cap... then give it a great big lick.

I turned to this guy, starred blankly, shrugged my shoulders while replacing the cap and put it back on the shelf.

"Oh, my God! Unbelievable!, he cries as he walks off disgusted. :laughing9:

I laughed for days about that one.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Speaking of office chairs, if you don't have a source of water handy a short (and I mean short) needle or pin with the head clipped off will give you some priceless facial expressions to watch.

You can wedge a piece of wood in the lever that raises & lowers the chair. Most people won't notice it until they drop to the bottom. I used to just walk by and give it a kick. Really messes up their concentration and speaking abilities when they hit bottom.

Super glue!!!! glue the handset to the base of their phone. You need to do this, let it set and reapply three times for it to stick good. Ever see someone smack their head with a phone? I worked maintenance so I had access to the phone room. I'd call the persons extension from there and use a toner to find it. Then find an extension a couple desks away, and switch the pairs. Fun as all get out watching the girls sprinting to the other desk to give a customer info.

Super Glue in a needle type applicator (you can get it at Wally's World) can be slid into a lock on an automobile, glue applied directly to the tumblers and it's nearly impossible to get it to give ... also works on deadbolts --- I've been told.

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i'll try to keep this as shot as possible. first you need to know about my dad. ever since I was about 5 years old, dad had a winch that was powered by the pto from a tractor. whenever somebody got stuck, they would call dad to pull them out. we pulled a lot of combines, bulldozers, excavators, and about every other type of machinery that you think of out over my 50 years. and he never charged any body even tho we tore up a lot of chains and cables and gear boxes in the process. it was just something that he really enjoyed doing. also you need to know that my parents rarely argued. they would simply make a bet, and usually time would tell who was right and any argument was settled. well dad suckered mom into a $100 bet and she lost and paid him his $100. after that she swore that she would never bet with him again. one Saturday morning dad called me, and needed help. he had a cable anchored to a stump in their pond and the other end was on the bank on the opposite side of the pond. he would occasionally hook the cable to his bulldozer and drive around the pond and by doing this it would clean a lot of weeds out. well a friend of his was in need of a length of cable, and dad said that he had one that his friend could use. so one morning I went there to help get this cable that was strung across the bottom of the pond out. when I arrived he was trying to get mom to bet him a $100 on weather his beat up old f250 could pull this 300 foot cable out of the pond. it was my job to take the boat out and get cable off of the stump where it was anchored. in the mean time dad went to town to visit his cousin in the nursing home. well I got back to the house and told mom that she had to bet him cause there was no way that that old truck was going to pull that cable out. she wanted to bet, but she didn't want to go back on her word that she would never bet with him again. so dad gets back home and mom told him that the bet was on. well that just made dads' day, he was all excited and even called a couple of his friends to come watch as someone was about to win and lose $100. we got his truck hooked up and he made sure that he had plenty slack so that he could get a running start. before he started to pull, I told him to be careful because he did not know what he was hooked to. he said that it didn't matter because he was pulling for $100. he took off like a bat out of h---. and when he got to the end of the slack, he stopped dead in his tracks. he gets out of the truck and I have never seen anybody so bummed out, he was like a whipped puppy dog, and he says "son of a bi---, that just cost me $100". when I went out in the boat to start with and get the cable off of the stump, I got it on top of the stump and thought there is no way he can pull this cable out, and I slipped it back around the stump. that was about 10 years ago, and dad passed 4 years ago, and to this day, mom carries that 100 dollar bill in her purse.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Glue in a needle type applicator (you can get it at Wally's World) can be slid into a lock on an automobile, glue applied directly to the tumblers and it's nearly impossible to get it to give ... also works on deadbolts --- I've been told.
You're a locksmiths best friend!!! It just went from a lockout call to a replacement call! To keep from being a victim, make sure you keep your locks lubricated with graphite!
I mentioned earlier about using a key to push a small metal shaving down the keyway with the tip of the key. Shady locksmiths used to do this so they could just tell the homeowner the lock was shot & resell the lock as used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread