Cartwheel Penny in the United States?

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odds of me finding one in Michigan???? Do they make those kind of odds? Great find love the YouTube videos!!!! When will this episode be on?
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've dug two One Penny Cartwheels one being in a tree'd area of a park in Toronto, and the other one on an Island off of Gananoque Ont. The interesting thing is I've made 8 trips to England and never have dug one there. Been with a group of 6 others over the years only one, maybe two might be found over a two week period. Not a high numbered coin on either side of the pond.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save. I've never found one but was with a friend when he found one locally a couple years ago. I did find an early Victorian large cent awhile back.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been avoiding this thread because....
1. It says United States.
2. Given the numbers members have found, no one would believe me.
3. People will want proof and I'm not going to pull them out of my binder and block out the site information on each coin holder.
I will say that the people of the U.K. hated these coins due to their bulk and sent them here as we had no currency outside of furs and trade goods.
My friends have witnessed my lack of emotions when I find another. Almost all my George III coins are 1797, 1799, 1806, and 1807.
I get excited when I find one earlier than the dates mentioned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread