Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cfBTiPo.jpg

Here are most of my sentimental keepers. I have several that I carry daily, but none of these. Every single one was given to me by my dad and I plan on them going to my future child like this. Built the case with my father in law a few months ago, he's pretty handy to have around.

you have some very nice looking knives, you may need to write down when and why you received each one to pass along with them. adds even more sentimental value to them. pretty cool collection

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old case knife that my father used at work, before he retired and then passed away. Also a pin knife with ivory grips that belonged to my great grandfather that was passed on to me for safekeeping by my Grandmother before she passed away. She said I'm giving this to you because I know that you will take care of it. They are both locked away in a safe.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
to some, knives are just tools, to others they are or can be very personal. my dad has quite a few knives, several that I have given him but he likes to carry a really small one that he uses for cleaning his fingernails and other small tasks. he lost or in this case, misplaced the knife and griped to no end as he tried to find a replacement. The good news was that he was doing something in his shop when he found it up where he had placed it while working on something. That little knife will be one that I would pass on to his grandson.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post brought back some memories. My dad always carried a small pocket knife. I remember how he would sharpen it on a small stone that fit in a small wooden case. I have kept both the knife and stone.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread must have brought me some luck as I found my first knife!
Was doing a Private yard and came out with a little Swiss Army knife. The owner said he didn't loose it and I could keep it. Was def the best find in the yard... a mutual friend got me in there to check the property out and after told me she has been there cleaning it out for 6 years... no wonder I didn't find much! Oh well, it was a new place to swing at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread