solomon diamond mines

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
bulletprobe, seeing as how you're in an old world country (Bulgaria, right ?), you would have GREAT metal detecting opportunities all around you. Any place old civilizations existed (old villas, etc...) like along side old travel routes and river crossings. And that are now just furrowed farmer ag. land. Why not just go metal detecting at such great opportunities ? Sure , maybe fumble fingers "one coin at a time" type hunting isn't as glamorous as the treasure legend stuff you keep posting about. But those European hunters simply hunting around such spots (and being sure to dig hubcap sized signals) do indeed occasionally come up with caches.

If you simply detest individual coin-hunting, then get yourself a 2-box machine , and start combing your ancient country. They won't find anything smaller than a soda-can sized object.

Because if you, instead, think you're going to find caches chasing the ghost-story stuff, you'll spend all your energies chasing .... well .... ghost stories. Sure they're fun to read. And fun to dream. But I assure you, they are a dime a dozen. If you look through the pages of show & tell caches and valuable coins that have been found, ask yourself: How many of them were (indisputably) found chasing the legend stuff ? As opposed to those that simply comb old sites metal detecting ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There were mines in Jordan operating at what may have been that time (early Iron Age).

We still don't have a time period or archeological evidence of a "King Solomon" (or "King David") in other than vague Biblical references so it is hard to say where or when their mines may have been.

OP
OP
B

bulletprobe

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my grand father told me that the solomon diamond mines are true because he has a friend angel name khalifa if you believe in angels told the story to my grand father the mines are in the south africa countries and if ever there is a financer in this quest thats good to know in respect to my grand father story he is also a treasure hunter thats is my inheritance from my grand father the diamond mines of solomon well this is the greatest find of the century its not only one country but the southern countries of africa

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
someone who told someone who told someone who told someone who ..... And ... even then, someone got the information from an angel, eh ? Sounds pretty iron-clad true to me ! Who could doubt ? Now it's just a matter of getting financiers, eh ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
# 5 total confuse me.

#5 was an answer to #4. #4 was the lineage/source of a story. Which sounded akin to telephone game. And if I understood correctly, was transmitted through an angel (supernatural messages ?). So I was pointing out how this could be nothing but campfire stories gone awry.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As soon as the check from my Nigerian second-cousin's uncle who was killed in a car crash naming me the sole heir clears I'll be ready to invest in the lost angel mine.

Heck, 10 miles from my house a kid was born that found some temporary copper plates and started his own religion.

Who can argue with angels?

'Course, he had to leave the state because his family was not popular with the local sheriff for a history of "medicine" that made folks ill and such. ;-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions