Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: real tomatoes and fresh strawberries

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    San Clemente CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    965 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    14 million Americans think chocolate milk is from Brown Cows Holy cow: 16.4M Americans say chocolate milk comes from brown ca - KCTV5
    Found it, just so you don't think I was making this Crapola up!
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    139 times
    Prospecting
    Ya know when you live in Southern Cal and tell folks that you have a tomato eatin' dog that rather favors those then steak you leave yourself open for a whole bunch of N. Cal. banter...HA!
    40 acre claim just loaded with blackberries. Pain in the butt to weedeat but it has a bright side. Always pick, wash, sugar and let them sit for a few days before putting scoops into small zip locks, flatten, stack and freeze. Great little thank-you gifts to the mail lady and gas attendant etc.. Last forever frozen.
    dirtlooter and trdking like this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    New York City
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    9114 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Oh boy,, oh boy,, I just purchased a 9 acre farm.
    Yum, yum,, can't wait. Fresh Homemade sauce,
    On lasagna, or sausage and meatballs cooking slowly in tomato sauce.
    trdking and dirtlooter like this.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    San Clemente CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
    Ya know when you live in Southern Cal and tell folks that you have a tomato eatin' dog that rather favors those then steak you leave yourself open for a whole bunch of N. Cal. banter...HA!
    40 acre claim just loaded with blackberries. Pain in the butt to weedeat but it has a bright side. Always pick, wash, sugar and let them sit for a few days before putting scoops into small zip locks, flatten, stack and freeze. Great little thank-you gifts to the mail lady and gas attendant etc.. Last forever frozen.
    Hey can I help it if my dog needs his Lycopeens? Haha I was born, raised and still live in SoCal. That doesn't mean that I am not wise to the world. My parents grew up on Dairy farms outside of St. Paul Minnesota. My farmer parents (and grandparents) Grew food, made freezer jam and raised rabbits and chickens. My mom would have me go catch a chicken for dinner. Catch chicken, mom wacks the head, boiling water to remove feathers, dinner.
    My parents also believed that we should see America and summer vacations were all 8 of us kids piled into a rambler station wagon with no AC crossing America towing an old canvas side Apache tent trailer with all of the camping gear (including an additional tent to hold us all. My mother loved to can everything If it wasn't canned it was frozen. So in addition to Strawberry freezer jam it was Canned jams and jellies. My mom was in pursuit of the mouth watering Black berry jamb. So one summer we end up doing the Norcal coast up into Oregon, staying at KOA campgrounds and wild thick forested campgrounds with acres of wild black berries everywhere. All of us kids got to picking them and my Mom stayed in camp, canning black berry jamb on a green three burner coleman stove. She handed out samples on warm buttered bread to anyone that poked their head into camp. It did not take long before every Ranger in driving distance was stopping by to "check on us" they of course left with samples. I think I was 9 years old. I don't remember much about the trip except that Jam. I'd give a gold nugget for a "sample" today.
    Last edited by trdking; Jun 19, 2017 at 11:56 PM.
    fistfulladirt and dirtlooter like this.

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    San Clemente CA
    Minelab CTX 3030
    965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    My tomatoes are small and green, and no strawberries yet. I live in Connecticut.
    The season is coming your way!
    dirtlooter likes this.

us
    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus and AT GOLD
    2494 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    sometimes the simple things are just best, cat head biscuits with jam are hard to beat, unless you got eggs and your choice of ham, bacon, sausage, fried venison or fried wild turkey. heck we even put jam on our pancakes
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Dec 2016
    204 times
    Down here in Florida my strawberries are done for the year.
    But I'm swimming in tomatoes and peppers!
    Just canned about 3 gallons of fresh salsa.
    Happy hunting and gardening to all!

Noah
    dirtlooter likes this.
    Dig It All!

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2404 times
    There is just no comparison between store bought fruits and vegetables and those you grow at home. Tomatoes, sweet corn, green beans, fresh picked are a bit of heaven you can't get any other way.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    at pro
    1346 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMN View Post
    There is just no comparison between store bought fruits and vegetables and those you grow at home. Tomatoes, sweet corn, green beans, fresh picked are a bit of heaven you can't get any other way.
    I agree!! We grow tomatoes, peppers, kolrabi and melons, one neighbor grows strawberries and black raspberries and another neighbor grows sweet corn...then we simply raid each other's gardens and everyone is happy! Great stuff...nothing like a tomato right off the vine into the old pie-hole..mmmm...Ddf
    dirtlooter and fistfulladirt like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links