Jun 6, 2017
Oswego, IL
Detector(s) used
gtax1000
AT Pro
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a heads-up if you're considering an Impact...

As with other brands of detectors I've owned, I thought it would be a good idea to order coil covers. So I ordered 1 each for the 2 coils that came with the Impact. Duh. They covers came installed out of the box. They fit so well that I thought they were part of the coil. The description on the KellyCo site says the package comes with "protective covers" and I assumed they would be rain covers to protect the electronics. I was wrong... It did include the rain covers but also the coil covers. I have spare coil covers for when I wear out the originals :)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've made that same mistake on other machines and wondered why trying to put the new cover on the coil was so danged tight and Impossible to get on. Welcome to the club!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great that they came with covers, that's the way they all new detectors should be shipped. Maybe you can return your purchased covers and exchange them for rain covers?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there "neighbor". Thanks for the heads up. I am not quite ready to jump into the Nokta Impact market yet, but it's nice to know they included the covers for you. Was that the "PRO" package as compared to the "Standard" package? I have seen they have two packages on Fleabay which includes different equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread